Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #21

Catch more flies with honey approach 😊😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Congrats and welcome.

I'm not going to repeat all the great advise you already received. I will add this before I go to Amazon and buy a screen door handle . . .

Assume at first the dealer will solve all your problems, that they are great people, and want you to be happy. I noticed how often people walked in expecting a fight so I've always gone in with a smile on my face. I just stopped in a few months ago and greeted them by saying "It's not a good day when I'm here instead of camping, but y'all (I'm in Texas) have ALWAYS solved my problems so at least I KNOW this won't be bad. After they looked up my information I was in and out in thirty minutes and they only charged me for one of the little items I needed. So I bought some propane from them as well.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:56 AM   #22

Had our PDI / Walkthrough yesterday. This smaller dealership (Country Campers) is awesome. They were super patient with us and spent almost 3 hours with us on the walkthrough. Never once did I feel like they were rushing us. They patiently sat there as we combed the long 13 page checklist I had printed from the internet to make sure there wasn’t something else we wanted to see. They brought our RV into their garage and had heated it up for us. Water was pouring off of it from melting ice from the last storm. I am sue pies we at how little we found that needed to be fixed. I’m sure some things won’t appear until we are on the Rowe road with it but so far it’s been are off to a great start. They did the wet walk-through for us and were re-winterizing it after we finished. The only thing that was damaged and needing replacing, is something they already new about and told us about when we walked in. There was an outdoor compartment door that had a broken hinge (door for the propane access). They were already in the process or ordering the replacement door. The only other things we found were just adjustments that needed to be done. The deadbolt is almost impossible to lock and unlock but functions normally when the door is open so looks like the latch needs to be moved. And one tiny window in the master has a latch that is sticking. That’s it. After my parents list of 45 items they needed repaired on their 1/4 million Tiffin Class A and the horror stories I’ve read online, that’s what I was expecting. We do have two local weekend trips booked in May before our first two week trip booked for June so that we hopefully find any other issues that may pop up and have time to get them fixed before the big trip. Thank you all for your advise and tips. And thanks for the suggestion of the screen door grab bar. That’s on my amazon list of things to buy. 5 stars out of 2300 reviews is impressive ! Pam
Old 01-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #23

Looks like all the good advice paid off for you. Glad to hear there wasn't that much to repair.

We just passed our two year mark so the warranty is up, but I did take it in for a few minor, end of warranty fixes. One thing I remember was videoing things during our walk through like generator use, slides and especially all the various permutations of water connections and settings.

I actually do not recall finding much at all when we picked it up, but after our first trip we had a short list of things that our dealer corrected.

One thing I have discovered is that ever since then, for the two other times I have needed warranty work, I had to go to a local RV sales, service and rental place near my house because my original dealer was so backed up, I couldn't even drop off my RV for 6-8 weeks, each time. Jayco advised I could, with their pre-approval of estimates, pay the local place and they would reimburse me.

Right now, the Greyhawk is awaiting parts of the leveling system recall and two or three small items.

So welcome and congratulations! It is a fun hobby to get started into.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsis1234 View Post
We have a wet walkthrough scheduled for Monday. They are bringing it inside one of their bays and will re-winterise it at no charge to us when they are done. They did tell us they would put on new batteries as part of the dealer prep. Thanks all ! I’ll let you know if we find many things wrong
You should of tried for this Saturday, supposed to be 60 degrees on seacoast NH! Is that warm enough for ya?!?
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #25

Yes, lots of great advise here. Great forum!! I did take lots of videos.
I know I won't remember everything when we take it out for the first time.
I'm sure we will come across things when we go on our first couple camping trips but I'm happy that we are off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
Looks like all the good advice paid off for you. Glad to hear there wasn't that much to repair.

We just passed our two year mark so the warranty is up, but I did take it in for a few minor, end of warranty fixes. One thing I remember was videoing things during our walk through like generator use, slides and especially all the various permutations of water connections and settings.

I actually do not recall finding much at all when we picked it up, but after our first trip we had a short list of things that our dealer corrected.

One thing I have discovered is that ever since then, for the two other times I have needed warranty work, I had to go to a local RV sales, service and rental place near my house because my original dealer was so backed up, I couldn't even drop off my RV for 6-8 weeks, each time. Jayco advised I could, with their pre-approval of estimates, pay the local place and they would reimburse me.

Right now, the Greyhawk is awaiting parts of the leveling system recall and two or three small items.

So welcome and congratulations! It is a fun hobby to get started into.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #26

Nice! Except it's messing up the skiing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
You should of tried for this Saturday, supposed to be 60 degrees on seacoast NH! Is that warm enough for ya?!?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #27

Congrats!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:44 AM   #28

Congratulations on a great Coach. I love the Odyssey line. Exceptional value for the money.
Time for the PDI is just before signing the paperwork and check. If you wait until the paperwork is done the coach is yours, including any problems.
If you do it before the check signing you have leverage to have things taken care of............or to walk away from a problem
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote