Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 04:58 AM   #1

Best way to bring coax into Seneca

In the process of installing a Jefa Tech WiFi Repeater in the Seneca. Ive mounted the antenna on the crank up TV mast, and am now looking for the best way to route the coax into the Seneca 37FS. Hard to tell where / how they routed the TV antenna coax. Ceiling appears to be solid styrofoam with a few channels for speaker wires, etc. Targeting the location of the cable behind the control panel and into the overhead TV cabinet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Terry
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:51 AM   #2

Dealers have used the a/c duct as a chase to run sat cable from roof mounted dishes.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #3

This is what I up to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Site Team

I am not sure as to the type of roof you have, but if you take out the cranking mechanism of the antenna, you may be able to see how they ran the antenna cable to the media center. I needed to pull some electrical wires thorough the ceiling and I purchased an inexpensive inspection camera from Harbor Freight (noticed the price is up $20, but if you look online there was a 20% discount coupon that popped up. It really helps a lot. I have used it on so many things in the TT. A worthwhile purchase.

If you can get to the media end of the antenna cable and if you can get to the antenna cable in the ceiling and you tug the cable and it moves at either end you may be able to use it as a fish to pull in the another antenna cable.

If you get a chance we have a WiFi Signal Extenders Social Group here on the forum. If you have time could you post a little info regarding your project and its performance under the JEFA Tech post.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
DIGITAL - Inspection Camera.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #5

Great idea. I have a snake camera for my laptop. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #6

I just got done replacing the satellite dish and running the coax and control cables in to the entertainment center.

Were you not able to use the coaxial cable for the TV antenna and connect to it? Or do you want to have two separate runs?

If you want two separate runs then what I'd do is route your cable back to where the coax goes into the roof for the satellite dish. Remove all the self-leveling caulk, remove the cable entry plate (cover), route your coax into the inside channel in the ceiling. But instead of going to the front (foamed off at the factory) go back and into the opening for the A/C. You'll have to remove the foil tape. Then route the cable through the A/C duct to the front. Remove the curtain rod from the bunk area. Under there will be screws securing the rear ceiling panel for the bunk area. Once removed you can pull the panel down enough to snake the coax over to the entertainment center cubby hole. Drill a hole in the end of the duct high to clear the steel beam at the end. Route the cable through the hole and snake. Use silicone caulk to seal the hole.

Hope this helps.
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:27 AM   #7

I've found the refrigerator chimney is a great wire chase passage from on roof to behind the refrigerator. You can get to this area then through the cabinetry area of most units. This works on all units trailer, Class A and C. The chimney cover on the roof is usually held on with 2 screws and easy to get to.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote