Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #1

Big Foot Leveling System

I have a 2010 Greyhawk GS31 that I would like to install a Big Foot Leveling System on. I would like to do this myself. The Big Foot literature seems straight-forward, and the installation appear to be well within the capability of anyone who is reasonably handy. I have learned, however, that this is not always true. If anyone has done such an installation, I would very much like to hear about it, especially if you encountered any significant problems in the installation and usage of the system. Or if there are any little tricks that would make the installation easier.
rdale1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #2

I read on another forum that you can put manual scissor jacks (front & rear) on a class c/b+. Anyone one done that?
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Electric stablizers for Class C

I just had Ultra Fab Electric Stablizers installed on my rear of my Greyhawk class C. They would not fit under the front because of clearance. This fixes 60-70 percent of the motion when people are walking/getting in/out. I have seen some manual jacks you could put the front.

Rear Stablizers:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...lizer-jack.htm

I think we'll just use these for a season before we look at ones for the front.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #4

We have the automatic bigfoot leveling system on our 2011 greyhawk and it works great. Haven't had any issues with it and it works as advertised, first couple times I pulled out a 2 foot level and pretty much right on the money.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

I had Camping World install HWH Automatic Leveling System and does it work nice. However, I think it is well worth the money spent to have them do it because one jack was faulty right out of the box and was leaking hydraulic fluid and had to be replaced. They did an excellent job of installation and the controls are right down at eye level just inside the entry door. They have worked like a charm ever since.
Arizonaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #6

I have HWH on a 2011 Greyhawk - HWH installed. Have had great success - so far. I think it is like Ford/Chev... had i lived closer to Big Foot I probably would have gone with their product. I found manufacturer install more reasonable than "dealer install" Just My $.02
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #7

Question on the Big Foot Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale1942 View Post
I have a 2010 Greyhawk GS31 that I would like to install a Big Foot Leveling System on. I would like to do this myself. The Big Foot literature seems straight-forward, and the installation appear to be well within the capability of anyone who is reasonably handy. I have learned, however, that this is not always true. If anyone has done such an installation, I would very much like to hear about it, especially if you encountered any significant problems in the installation and usage of the system. Or if there are any little tricks that would make the installation easier.
Was wondering if you had the Big Foot System installed, I have a 2013 Greyhawk 31SS and am looking at installing the same system - little unsure of where the best location is for the cylinders.
Thanks,
Russ
clyde0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale1942 View Post
The mounting brackets are welded, or at least mine were on my 01 DESIGNER(E-450) so not sure if this is a DIY project. Had mine done at Big Foot's MI facility.