Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #1

Big slide question. 26xd (On the road)

So when I got off the road today with my new 3000 miles on it 2020 26dx, after leveling it shore power on I get nothing when I push the extend button. If I hit the retract quickly I can hear what I assume is a selinoid engage. Checked the fuses but they seem ok. Yesterday when I extended it about halfway out it seemed to skip once but continued to extend. Retracting this morning all seemed ok. I can continue to travel but since this 4v is my first with slides I'm wondering if I'm forgetting something.
I've extended the thing about 10 times altoghther.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Was the engine running at the time? It won't extend if the motor is running.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #3

Good thought but it was shut down. I even restarted it and shut it off again but no good. I would do a search but WiFi is so slow I'll be lucky if this gets out..lol
It's in and locked so I may just go along like that and add it to the list of issues to be delt with when I get home. Knock on wood the bed slide is working ok.....
Old 07-24-2020, 10:58 AM   #4

I believe you have a schwintec slide. Make sure that when you extend and retract the slide, that you hold the button after it's all the way in or out for at least 5 seconds to get the motors in sync. Could be that their just out of sync. YouTube has a lot of videos on schwintec slide re syncing.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #5

I have a 2018 30X, full wall slide. The slide would not go out and I got a called one of those mobile RV Fix it in the middle of Nebraska. Two thousand dollars later they replace a bold they spent a week looking for. I called the factory and they had no idea about the slide and gave information that was wrong. They told us to remove the Generator for access and there was no access there. When they were told there was no access they disputed that until pictures were sent. When is was all over the people who fixed said if the slide does not go back in the only thing you can do is call a tow truck and have it hauled away for junk because it cannot be repaired.

Don Gray
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:59 PM   #6

It's a Powergear slide out. It's in and locked and I'll live with it that way until I get home in 6 weeks.
So let's see. New 2020 26xd now with 3900 miles on it.
So far: big slide unusable after being used 10 times, bolts coming through the floor in 3 places, freezer door leaking have to defrost the refrigerator every 5 days because of frost buildup. Thermostat on water heater not working. Both gas and electric stay on even with water boiling out of the relief valve. Emissions control wires shorted out after being crushed by the house. The wires were on top of the frame and the JAYCO factory layed the floor right on top of them. When I hit a bump going down the highway the house moved and crushed the wiees. Limped home and JAYCO paid a Ford dealer to fix the problem....Happy ending on that. We'll see about the rest. I better winterize the thing before I drop it off. LOL What a piece of junk.
Docsouce is offline   Reply With Quote