Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2015, 01:27 PM   #1

BigFoot Fuses

I know this has been kicked around a little, but I am still wondering where the fuse setup is for the factory installed BigFoot leveler's on a 2012 Jayco 31SS. I assume it's the same as on similar models. I have seen people say there are separate fuses for "up" vs "down". Right now I am not having a problem, but sure would not want to be in a campground and ready to leave when I find out the fuse to lift the jacks is out and I don't know where it is. Especially if the people were waiting for me to leave so they could use the site. Along this line, is there any way to manually lift the levelers if they will not retract thru the BigFoot panel? This might be a question for BigFoot but thinking someone here must have had this issue. Looking forward to your responses. Thanks!
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #2

I cannot help you on the factory install of the big foot system on the MH but on the fifth wheel installed at their plant in White Pigeon Michigan they have the fuse installed at the battery box. Big foote (Quadra Mfg) has 24 hr 7 days a week help if you ever get into trouble with a issue. Jim is great to deal with and very knowledgeable with the systems.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #3

For some reason JAYCO hides fuses behind the driver's side kick panel.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #4

On my Melbourne, the "up" fuse is just behind the batteries near the back wall of the battery tray. Haven't figured where the "down" fuse is located. I hope this is helpful.
brushbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #5

I had difficulty retracting my factory installed Bigfoot levelers one time and had to make a phone call. I have a 2015 Seneca TS. The fuse (which was blown) was a 7.5 AMP and was located in the battery box area mounted on the wall on the side of a bell shaped brass colored device which I would call a solenoid. There was a 10 AMP on the other side. I had difficulty because I had gotten into a situation where the levelers were fully extended and when the auto retract went on all motors kicked in at once or so I was told.

Foster 15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #6

I am having the same issue today with my 2013 Jayco Grewhawk 31FS. did you figure out the issue? Who did you finally call? I am a little desperate now to try and get them retracted.

Thanks
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #7

Also, anyone have a detail list of which fuse is which in the fuse box behind the kick plate?
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:55 AM   #8

Foster.
The best I have been able to determine, is the fuse that controls the big foot's are located in the back of the house battery box. There are two fuses back there, and difficult to get to. I have found it is easier to remove the battery, then they can be reached quite easily. I am thinking it's the front (7.5A) that you are looking for. Maybe someone else will chime in on this again, but I am guessing that everything that does not go off with the battery disconnect switch, is fused via one of those fuses behind the house battery. That would include the audio/Navi, the big foots, electric house door locks and the electric step. I cannot remember, but does the electric slide and the awning have to have the battery disconnect "on" in order to work? Good luck, maybe we will be hearing more...
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big foot, bigfoot, fuse, fuses