Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #1

Bigfoot leveling issue

We were moving the RV to get closer to the temp power we had installed and noticed the left rear jack would not retract the whole way. Each jack has its own fluid tank and when I checked the level it was good but I noticed the fluid had milky streaks in it. I am thinking it needs replaced.
The question is. Do I just retract the left rear jack,pump out the old fluid and replace with new Dexron lll or higher ATF?
Then go and do the same for the remaining jacks.
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 11:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1121 View Post
We were moving the RV to get closer to the temp power we had installed and noticed the left rear jack would not retract the whole way. Each jack has its own fluid tank and when I checked the level it was good but I noticed the fluid had milky streaks in it. I am thinking it needs replaced.
The question is. Do I just retract the left rear jack,pump out the old fluid and replace with new Dexron lll or higher ATF?
Then go and do the same for the remaining jacks.
Big Foot has outstanding customer service, I would give them a call in the morning. 800-752-9815
Old 04-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #3

Thanks for repnding to my issue. I was going to call them tomorrow, just thought I would put this out there in case someone had a similar issue.
Thanks again
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #4

What Grumpy said!! Very good CS, excellent in fact. I also have BF leveling system, happy so far.

Ken
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:01 PM   #5

I have a BF system. It was stuck n some frozen ground on the back right and that jack would not level correctly for the next month. I was just about to recalibrate the system and it’s working fine again. At least I know how to reset level now.