Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #1

Bigfoot to the rescue

Leaving tomorrow for out West and of my main power went out with the Grayhawk. Unfortunately, The Bigfoot leveling system was not operational since there wasn't any power. I called the 1-800 number and talked to a young man who just happened to live 60 miles from me. He offered to come over first thing in the morning to get the leveling system "up" so I could then drive the motorhome to the dealership and get serviced. He showed up this morning and not only get the bigfoot system "up", but he also discovered the reason for the lack of power in the motorhome.
Thank you, Bigfoot!
rmoore2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoore2540 View Post
Leaving tomorrow for out West and of my main power went out with the Grayhawk. Unfortunately, The Bigfoot leveling system was not operational since there wasn't any power. I called the 1-800 number and talked to a young man who just happened to live 60 miles from me. He offered to come over first thing in the morning to get the leveling system "up" so I could then drive the motorhome to the dealership and get serviced. He showed up this morning and not only get the bigfoot system "up", but he also discovered the reason for the lack of power in the motorhome.
Thank you, Bigfoot!
Wow that is great! I love hearing the good experiences like this since they are few and far between when we only hear about the bad. Kudos to Bigfoot for really putting the customer first and going above and beyond.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch w/Sway Control
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #3

I have also had a positive experience with big foot. I had a jack freeze in the down position (must have got a slug of air in the line or something because it's worked perfectly since then). The tech spent nearly an hour on the phone with me walking me through getting it to go up. Outstanding folks!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Thank you, Bigfoot!
Now that you have us all guessing... what was the reason your MH's lack of power???
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

I've see Bigfoot once but no one believes me.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #6

New house battery not properly installed by me. Not happy with a 2015 grayhawk needing a new battery, but I understand these things happen.
rmoore2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #7

Quote:
New house battery not properly installed by me. Not happy with a 2015 grayhawk needing a new battery, but I understand these things happen.
Ha! As a newbie, I too hooked up the cables incorrectly this spring after winter storage with the same results - no power to jacks/panel. I guess it is a common newbie mistake. I now have a phone full of photos for items I tend to forget.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote