Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #1

black/grey dump height

Hello, jayco 29MV 2016 Question does anyone else drag the gate valves for the grey/black tank when driving up/down dips? I checked and the helper springs and they were not adjusted correct and it did help and raise the ass end by 2-3 inch. but it still drags on dips in low areas, has anyone cut this plumbing and raised it?

thanks Ted
littleton colorado
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgroves526 View Post
Hello, jayco 29MV 2016 Question does anyone else drag the gate valves for the grey/black tank when driving up/down dips? I checked and the helper springs and they were not adjusted correct and it did help and raise the ass end by 2-3 inch. but it still drags on dips in low areas, has anyone cut this plumbing and raised it?

thanks Ted
littleton colorado
I drag ours. I try to take the dips at an angle but yeah, I've scraped the valves.

Haven't messed with the Hellwigs yet. On the 31FK, the valves seem to be suspended from a wire harness.

I was thinking of getting my welder friend to weld up a little protection frame - thinking better to drag the steel than the plastic valves.

Guess it depends on how much higher you were thinking of going?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #3

I just dont have anywhere to attach / weld a protector for this. maybe frame
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #4

I had this problem on an old 5th I had and my boss had this problem on his class a. He wasn't dragging his sewer but would drag frame when he backs into his rv spot and has to go up a curb. The solution we did both did was have the dealer install heavy duty casters at the rear of our coaches so if dipped low, it would roll instead of drag. Just need to go very slow as to not put to much weight on them and off the axles.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:22 AM   #5

My X213's valves are very low... actually the entire unit has very little ground clearance. Dumping becomes a challenge as well... any tips for this? Sometimes, my hose needs to travel up towards the dumpstation!
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote