Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #1

Blue Ox Patriot 3 Braking System

Has anyone visited the Blue Ox facility in Pender Nebraska to resolve a problem with one of their products? We had a problem with their Patriot 3 Braking system near their facility in Pender Nebraska and hope to get it fixed tomorrow at their location.

Tom
TRNewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:22 AM   #2

What problem are you having? I have one in my Jeep toad, seems to work well. My only issue was that the legs seem to unscrew themselves over time and fall off which forces me to stop and resolve.
white2833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #3

The unit powered off while in use and then could not be reset. We tried again the next morning and it worked fine. Spoke to customer service this morning and he said that sometimes you have to wait 45 minutes to restart. Not a great answer. In any event, the Patriot 3’s are serviced in Connecticut - not Nebraska. Wish their customer service was open on weekends.
Stayed at the Blue Ox RV campsite next to the Blue Ox facility. It has full hookups and nice spacious sites.
Attached Thumbnails
597FBE2F-73BE-48EF-8AED-19E4EB2FFB57.jpg  
Old 07-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #4

Had this same problem last year on first trip after having Patriot 3 installed. Driving along and monitor said couldn't find brake and had no power to brake. Thought maybe fuse which was ok. While moving wire found the ground wire was loose. Tightened it and no more problems. Check the ground wire.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:11 PM   #5

Thanks for your input. I will check the ground wire.