Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #1

Brake controller

2019 Jayco Seneca 37K....I have searched everywhere in this Freightliner chassis including what I have read here and from the Jayco motorized guys and I am not finding the wires butted off. I have taken the dash off, looked behind the drivers side kick panel and nothing. Anyone else run into this with the 19 chassis on a 37K? I need this on mine due to racing and pulling a 28 foot trailer desperately.
Pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #2

My 2018.5 is the same chassis as yours. I was one who posted that I found them under the drivers side kick panel, but the just were not laying there, it was in split loom that ran up under the dash a ways. Here is a pic that I added arrows to the actual loom that contained them....I wouldn’t think they would have moved them but you never know. Should be 4 wires capped off. It helped to get some slack to also pull the door sill plate off. Did you open up the split loom running up from the sill area for the set of wires?
Attached Thumbnails
C2A7B6EB-41E1-4467-9711-4859782F17B2.jpeg   E31469D0-F248-47FE-A883-FC101CCA875E.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 PM   #3

Yes saw your post and took that panel off....mine doesnt split like that plus wire colors dont match. Crazy.....
Old 02-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #4

About the only other way I could think of, which might take a while is to start back at the trailer plug and start tracing the blue wire to the front.....won’t be fun but may be the only way.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:01 PM   #5

Yes started that but with this cold rain we have here in Va I'll pass till better weather. Got to get it going soon to pull race trailer.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Get yourself a wire tracer. One piece makes a tone the other picks it up. I call it a fox and the hound. Amazon!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #7

The deal here is that Freightliner did not do this install. It was done by the 3rd party company that Jayco hires to prep the trucks for the Jayco box. Most of us ended up finding the wires terminating down basically behind the drivers side cup holder. They do a great job of electrical taping their loom to another chassis loom so you cant really easily see it since it is fully wrapped in electrical tape.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
Get yourself a wire tracer. One piece makes a tone the other picks it up. I call it a fox and the hound. Amazon!

Agreed, I carry one at all times in the Seneca, helpful to find those "undocumented" fuses hidden all over

Old 02-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #9

I have searched for hours today in every place behind the dash panels and there are no wires that match what is stated above in this 2019 Freightliner Business class chassis. It has the 7 way plug on the back and Jayco even said where I could find it to no avail. Figures last thing I needed to do to prep this for race season and its gonna be a tough one..
Old 02-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #10

Pmcmath, i too need to find my brake controller on my 2018 Seneca FS for my 28' race trailer as well. Racing season is getting close, and need to get done. Except we still have snow on the ground.
Please let us know if you find them, and I'll do the same. I'm going for the drivers side cup holder area.
Good luck.
Randyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #11

Like RyRoRyan said, a 3rd party does the chassis prep and in all the work I have done on my Seneca, the only place I have found that additional harnesses have been added to the chassis portion comes up from under the steps on each side of the cab and comes up through very jagged hacked in holes. These can be checked by getting into the split loom under each side or by pulling the door sill plates.....a wire tracer is $30 well spent if you can’t visually find them. I feel that not every coach is the same and placement of things can vary by shift or day of the week the work was done .

Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyeng View Post
Pmcmath, i too need to find my brake controller on my 2018 Seneca FS for my 28' race trailer as well. Racing season is getting close, and need to get done. Except we still have snow on the ground.
Please let us know if you find them, and I'll do the same. I'm going for the drivers side cup holder area.
Good luck.
I talked to freightliner and it is wired in according to my VIN number. They said it is bunched up and wired tied together to the left of the steering column. Also the wires are pink, brown ...etc. So new colored wires....again this according to my VIN and freightliner. My chassis was built in Sept 2018.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #13

Mine shows that too, but it was never really there. What I think may be there from freighliner is the connection from a clip on harness near the rear of the frame up to the box area behind the seat. From there the 3rd party took it and extended it into the dash and then put the 7 pin connector on at the rear. Attached are some pics of where mine was. (Rotate you head 90 degrees to see them correctly.)
Attached Thumbnails
ZJNAhpNpQAukdNKDD1xpCA.jpg   1HR+pUwMQe67P78UG616zw.jpg  
Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
Mine shows that too, but it was never really there. What I think may be there from freighliner is the connection from a clip on harness near the rear of the frame up to the box area behind the seat. From there the 3rd party took it and extended it into the dash and then put the 7 pin connector on at the rear. Attached are some pics of where mine was. (Rotate you head 90 degrees to see them correctly.)
I found mine finally stuffed in the back of the steering column. Jayco gets the chassis wired from Freightliner because the chassis are built to spec out the coach. There is no 3rd party according to John at motorized service....it is all done at freightliner. They did agree to the fact that depending on which builder at freightliner was installed the wires would depend on how much wire was run and to where. All good and my Tekonsha P3 is installed finally. Now end this rain so we can go drag racing lol.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #15

This might explain why Jayco moved over to the SR2 chassis mid year. If Freightliner is going to do all the chassis work for them, and they can now cut out that middle 3rd party integrator, that would be a huge cost savings for them.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
This might explain why Jayco moved over to the SR2 chassis mid year. If Freightliner is going to do all the chassis work for them, and they can now cut out that middle 3rd party integrator, that would be a huge cost savings for them.
Yes sir I agree.....2019 37K is awesome though. Cant wait to get on the road to Florida soon.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:11 PM   #17

Got my brake controller installed on my 2018 Seneca 37FS today. Wire bundle was behind the drivers side kick panel. Remove a few screws and there it was. Installed, tested and ready for racing season. Gonna be good.
Thanks to everyone for your ideas and experiences. Very helpful and made job fairly easy.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #18
SFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmcmath View Post
I have searched for hours today in every place behind the dash panels and there are no wires that match what is stated above in this 2019 Freightliner Business class chassis. It has the 7 way plug on the back and Jayco even said where I could find it to no avail. Figures last thing I needed to do to prep this for race season and its gonna be a tough one..
Did you ever find the wires? If you did where were they? I just brought home a 2019 37TS and I am really regretting it. Nothing but problems for 1st 2 days.
SFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #19

SFM,
Yes I did. No problem. Found by the left foot kick panel on the drivers side. Easy install. Also used a wire tracer to verify wires. I've had some issues with my 2018.5 37FS, but nothing that i couldn't fix. Small stuff. RV has been great, especially at the race track. Thanks for asking.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #20

2020 JS 37k found the plug pretty easy under the dash.. bought the adapter on amazon. all plug and play.
jafo12 is offline   Reply With Quote