Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #1

Broken slide gear

Folks I lost everything in hurricane Laura. During evacuation a near miss collision and the plastic parts on the front driver side slide broke. Dues RV in Santa Fe TX are really dragging their feet on finding the two plastic gears parts. I have contacted Jayco but no response yet. Have to get it fixed. Have a critical medical appointment at hospital in Lake Charles on 11th. Does anyone have any idea where I can look for the two small parts???? Really am desperate.
Attached Thumbnails
96B554B2-17DC-4D17-AA20-B0E76F3486F1.jpeg   6EA74D5C-6903-4025-A2E1-C7DA633533F6.jpeg   2049C95B-A41A-49C7-99A6-C717336BC5CF.jpeg  
Bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm sad to hear that Laura took it all. I was wondering if we had a lot of JOF members affected by it. I have no idea about the parts unless you can contact the slide maker for help. Do you know the mfg.? I'll be happy to search the Lippert sites.

The dealers must be swamped but it's a shame so many have to wait to make a recovery.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #3

I would try Lippert and see what happens. Unfortunately this response was typed on Saturday and Monday is a holiday. Even if you locate them you don't have much time for your appointment.

Good luck with the parts and recovery from Laura.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayougirl View Post
Folks I lost everything in hurricane Laura. During evacuation a near miss collision and the plastic parts on the front driver side slide broke. Dues RV in Santa Fe TX are really dragging their feet on finding the two plastic gears parts. I have contacted Jayco but no response yet. Have to get it fixed. Have a critical medical appointment at hospital in Lake Charles on 11th. Does anyone have any idea where I can look for the two small parts???? Really am desperate.
Post up your model etc.

Count the gear teeth, measure shaft size, round, post as much information you can provide.

. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC116658.html

https://www.lmcshop.com/products/lip...r-for-slideout
Old 09-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #5

When you get ahold of Jayco ask for the parts department and have your vin number ready. They can give you the brand and model number for your slideout. Then try to find someplace that has the gears in stock. I have lost a lot of days in the boating season this year due to companies having parts on back order and delayed shipping on top of that. I have been having good luck with ebay though. So maybe search up your model sildeout model on ebay.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote