Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #1

Cab Over

Hello everyone......I've owned an escapade for many years. Recently discovered a small roof leak in the front right of the RV. There is significant damage to the cab over area wood and the outside of the RV has begun to separate from the wood. It needs to be repaired. Does anyone have any experience with a similar issue? I've spoken with campers world and a couple body shops. Campers world estimated $5500. The body shops say it's not something they can fix. I considered finding a boat hull repair shop but haven't yet. Other ideas or experience would be greatly appreciate.
Csbrown01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #2

If it were mine.....

I would not even think of taking my coach back to camping world. I would call Lazy Days in Tampa, FL and take my coach there. Are there places closer to my house in Northern Georgia than Lazy Days? Yes. Would I still drive my coach to Lazydays for any kind of major repair. Absolutely. I did it twice and Lazydays was able to repair what the camping world near my house tried and failed miserably to fix. They were great to work with, kept me updated weekly, and fixed my coach when they said they would.

Yes it cost me a couple hundred in fuel to get my coach down there and back, but my repairs were all covered under warranty, so it was nothing other than fuel out of pocket.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I will add this is not a warranty repair or insurance. This is out of pocket.
Csbrown01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #4

My answer would still be the same

If I would have to pay either way, I'd rather let the guys at Lazy Days repair it.

I just had a REALLY bad experience at Camping World and will not be back for any reason. There are probably other places I could take it closer though. My uncle from North Carolina told me to take it to Lazy Days for work when I bought it, but I went local anyway and got burned badly by CW. Since then I've listened to my uncles advice and it has worked out very well for me.

Good luck wherever you take it.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote