Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #1

Cable

I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME. I used to be able to connect to my house cable and get all the associated channels. Now, for some reason, I can't get a single channel at all. I've replaced the cable going to the Motorhome, checked the wiring inside and the connections as well. I've pressed the switch button and did a channel scan for the antenna setting and cable from wall setting, but no channel from the cable. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to correct it?
Reverend D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #2

Probably need the cable box also. You will need to run house cable into the cable cox and then into the TV. You will need to change channels thru the cable box. I had to run cable
thru the window. I dont think you can connect it into the outside connection and get it
to work.
DB4035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #3

I had my house cable hooked directly to the cable junction on the outside of the motorhome and it worked fine. I took a trip to Atlanta and when I came back, nothing worked. I find no break in the cable and have ran tests from the cable connections on the house all the way to the inside the rv. Can't find anyuthing wrong
Reverend D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #4

Mast cable companies have stopped running a feed without having a convertor box. Part of this has to do with doing away with analog broadcasts. Call your cable company to confirm what's going on, but I'm thinking they are going to tell you that you need their box now.

https://www.lifewire.com/is-cable-box-required-4158346
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #5

Move the cable recover to the RV, start from there, it it works, start backwards, if not, then adjust accordingly

The booster button is for the rv antenna, so you can't have that on when using cable

And I assume it's not DirecTV or Dish, those can't be split like cable feeds can
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote