Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #1

Cable Connection

Where's the Cable TV connection in a 2017 Redhawks? Can't find it. What RV park connection # do we use for regular TV?
westieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by westieman View Post
Where's the Cable TV connection in a 2017 Redhawks? Can't find it. What RV park connection # do we use for regular TV?
I've got a Greyhawk - but I'm willing to venture a guess we're the same.

Mine is in the same compartment as the 30A electrical cord. It's brown, dark brown - and hard to see.

"RV Park Connection" and "Regular TV" are confusing to me.
To me, regular TV is "over the air (OTA)" and all you'd do is raise your antenna.

"RV Park Connection" implies cable TV to me, so how about I take a run at explaining both?

OTA
1. If your RV has a outside antenna that needs to be raise (many don't) - raise it.
2. Find your "Booster". In our Greyhawk it's behind the main TV, has a small button and a green LED. Turn the Booster ON - press button until LED is on.
3. Turn on your TV, bring up the MENU on the TV.
4. Scroll over to the "Channels" part of the menu, and pick "Air" from the "Air/Cable" option
5. Pick "Scan for channels"

If you get no channels, rotate the antenna 90* and repeat step 5. Rotate, repeat until you either find the channels or give up.

Cable
1. Using a length of RG-6 cable connect your Redhawk's cable TV connection to the park connector
2. Find your "Booster". Turn the Booster OFF - press button until LED is off.
3. Turn on your TV, bring up the MENU on the TV.
4. Scroll over to the "Channels" part of the menu, and pick "Cable" from the "Air/Cable" option
5. Pick "Scan for channels"
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #3

My redneck method of aiming the roof antanee is to pay attention when walking the dogs. Take note of the direction they have pointed their ant. Not all will be the same but its a good bet that when you find the majority aimed in the same general direction, that's where you should point your ant.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #4

Fiumd it, hooked up cable. Campground has 9-5 & 11-8 labeled, switched my new tv to cable, scanned channels, and nothing! Any suggestions?
westieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #5

every rv is different

on mine if the campground has cable then on the tv menu picture source I switch to cable and then scan

if I have no cable, then I turn on the booster and the green light comes on (someone explained it above), then on the tv menu I select "air" and then scan the channels.

i'm sure there are variations to the above and it seems confusing at first but once you get used to it it's no big thing.

I've always been impressed with the "air" or antenna picture quality. too bad the programing is usually 1950 to 1970. I can't tell you how many re-runs of the Lone Ranger I've seen lately.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by westieman View Post
Fiumd it, hooked up cable. Campground has 9-5 & 11-8 labeled, switched my new tv to cable, scanned channels, and nothing! Any suggestions?
Plenty of folks have discovered internal wiring problems.

Suggestion - take that RG-6 cable and run it from the pedestal directly to the "antenna input" on the TV. Then scan for cable channels again.

If you get them, you know your wiring inside the walls is borked. If you still get nothing, then I'm willing to bet the campground cable ain't working.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #7

Mine is in where the 30a power cord is stored. Some RV's and some park connections you have to stand on your head to connect, especially difficult for us old folks. Go to Amazon and for a couple of bucks get a set of tv cable quick connects for each end of your cable. I agree with Hailey, green light behind your tv, on for antenna, off for cable.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #8

I am running into a similar issue. I have a 2017 greyhawk and the antenna is not an issue only when I hook up to the campground cable.we don't watch that much tv when we camp but this is the second campground I attempted to connect and having issue. I hook up coax cable to input by my 30 amp service. Turn on tv, switch to cable and then run scan. It runs the scan but when completed all the channels come in but are snowy. I tried to change the coax cable coming into the rv and same issue. It's like something is interfering. Suggestions?

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote