Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #1

Camera not working

After our first trip out with our 2017 Melbourne the backup camera does not work. Did we deactivate it in some way or what?
LindaInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
TWG

Wow, since May and no reply? The first time we attempted to test drive ours, the camera wouldn't work, so dealer replaced a fuse. The day of pickup, the camera wouldn't work again, they replaced the dash radio system.

2017 Jayco Melbourne
TWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #3

Bought a 2016 a couple months ago and the camera didn't work. Took forever to find the part because Jayco wouldn't deal with Camping World (due to C.W. not being a licensed Jayco dealer.) After I finally got thru the b.s. the part is on its way and should be getting fixed soon. Apparently this is a recurring issue with Jayco's and backup cameras.
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
Bought a 2016 a couple months ago and the camera didn't work. Took forever to find the part because Jayco wouldn't deal with Camping World (due to C.W. not being a licensed Jayco dealer.) After I finally got thru the b.s. the part is on its way and should be getting fixed soon. Apparently this is a recurring issue with Jayco's and backup cameras.
It's good the part you need is on its way.
It might help others if you could say who you worked with to find the part you needed; C.W., a different dealer, Jayco, or ?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #5

Linda,
Wondering if, since May, you solved the back-up camera issue. We've had no problems, but there were sure a lot of buttons to push to figure it all out. BTY, we have had no problems with Camping World honoring our warranty issues. We actually purchased our Melbourne from Camping World.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
It's good the part you need is on its way.
It might help others if you could say who you worked with to find the part you needed; C.W., a different dealer, Jayco, or ?
AZ...good suggestion. Here goes...

When I registered my purchase with Jayco, I had a customer liaison email me and offer assistance with anything I needed. I'm not sure she understood what she got herself into because I was taught if you offer help, you back it up.

Anywho, after several emails and phone calls with Parts Manager at Camping World telling me they were getting no cooperation from Jayco (due to not being a licensed dealer) I reached out to the liaison and asked for help...offered to buy the part myself if RV politics prevented them from selling to Camping World.

Suddenly the part was available and they even offered to send it to me for free if I could provide a picture of the part I needed. I knew Camping World had taken a picture of it when they tried to repair it so i called C.W. back to get the picture and amazingly enough the part had been located and was on its way from Jayco.

If anyone thinks the contact info for the Jayco liaison or the Akron OH Camping World parts guy would be useful, pm me and I'll share it (just don't think it's good business to blast those names out across the web).

Happy Campin
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #7

Awesome. Thank you. This kind of info can help those in the JOF that get stuck 'between a rock and a hard place' trying to resolve a problem.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera