Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They don't show any JAYCO's on their web-site so if they aren't selling JAYCO they won't be servicing JAYCO. Not unusual.
Camping World in Florida is selling them. We have a RV show starting tomorrow in Ocala. Sounds like a good question to ask.
Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
Rockyhammock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #22

Camping Worl/Gander

I know Camping World bought Gander for the Jayco product line. That being said I have had Good experience and Bad experience with Camping World, even in the same state. For instance I would give Camping World in Roscoe Illinois a 5 star but give Camping World of Chicago a 1 star. Both in same state but experience on the far end of the spectrum.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:29 PM   #23

I had my generator warranty work done on my last rig at a Cummings service center. No complaints, took them a week to get to it but all was repaired under the Onan warranty.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9999 View Post
I had that same issue in Central Fl 2 years ago. They did warranty work one year but stopped the next. CW mgr said they had to many issues with receiving payment from Jayco so they stopped. I also encountered a warranty problem with an independent RV repair & parts only facility afterwards. They complained that Jayco wasn’t paying them in a timely manner for work they preformed. I had my warranty work completed but they didn’t get paid yet! They said that “since Thor took over the computer records were screwed up”???
We have an independent shop in my neck of the woods that will not accept any work dealing with any manufacturer's warranty. They will perform the work but you will pay them cash or card and then seek reimbursement. They will, however, do work under most extended service plans but will not do work under the Good Sam plan. There reasoning is they are not going through all the authorization nightmares with verification, parts hassles and reduced labor rates. The shop is good and booked up for months.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #25

Camping World will honor a warranty if that dealership sells a Jayco or Thor product. Thor now owns Jayco and a few other brands. In my case they sell Thor at Camping World in my area, no problem honoring warranty over this last year
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #26

I had originally called the local (RV one) jayco dealership & the first words out of their mouth was “Did you buy it from us?” They refused to service a Jayco warranty. I went to CW & had no issue at the time. I called Jayco factory & they said they have no control over these independent dealers! They RV one, are an almost all exclusive Jayco dealer. This RV industry is in a state of shambles imho
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #27

GMC/Chevy Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just like Chev, GMC, both owned by GM, but a GMC truck dealer will not do warranty on a Chevy.

I own a Chevy truck. There are no Chevy dealers in my town. The local GMC dealer does all my warranty work. Never a question. Their computer systems cross over all GM products
Cheekjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #28

Camping World

I haven't had to deal with one Camping World, Newport News. They will not get my tt again. They broke and damage more than they could fix. The work was sloppy and unprofessional. I now have no roof warranty. I bought my tt from them and got a good price. If I buy again I will research dealer reviews.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekjo View Post
I own a Chevy truck. There are no Chevy dealers in my town. The local GMC dealer does all my warranty work. Never a question. Their computer systems cross over all GM products
Not true with Ford and Lincoln. My local Ford dealer who serviced my Fords was not authorized by Lincoln to perform warranty work on my MKZ. The could do emergency repairs such as flat tire but they couldn't even do an oil change under my service agreement. I had a 60 mile round trip for service even though the Ford dealer was 5 miles from the house.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #30

Quote:
I had originally called the local (RV one) jayco dealership & the first words out of their mouth was “Did you buy it from us?” They refused to service a Jayco warranty. I went to CW & had no issue at the time. I called Jayco factory & they said they have no control over these independent dealers! They RV one, are an almost all exclusive Jayco dealer. This RV industry is in a state of shambles imho
Been like that for years, but the boom in sales has just made it worse.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Fortunately for me, that didn't happen when I was a long way from home in Virginia. We were touring the Rockies and northern plains states in summer of 2018. I had had my Jay Flight 23Rb one year. While in Arco, Idaho, the bathroom sink began to leak pretty badly.

We were going through Idaho Falls, ID on the way to Grand Teton NP. Bish's RV of Idaho Falls is a Jayco dealer. They us directions on how to get to their store. In 2 hours, they diagnosed the problem (stripped threads done at the factory), and replaced the faucet with one from their showroom parts supply. The only problem was the faucet they had was chrome finish, while ours was the brushed nickel(?). But I would rather have a functioning faucet than a leaky one.

Long story short, Bish's certainly didn't sell me a RV, but they fixed the broken faucet under warranty, and at no cost to me. I was on my way in about 2 hours.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #32

I just bought a Jayco Precept 29V from Camping World In July 2019, took to Camping World Fort Meyers, FL. they are trying to get warranty work done for me
there has been a hang up. maybe that's why,, thanks I'm going to call Jayco direct.
harry1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Fortunately for me, that didn't happen when I was a long way from home in Virginia.

snip...

Long story short, Bish's certainly didn't sell me a RV, but they fixed the broken faucet under warranty, and at no cost to me. I was on my way in about 2 hours.
Normally when you are traveling dealers are much more accommodating. The problems are usually when you buy out of town and then come to your local dealer for warranty.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #34

Hi I h ave Jayco Greyhawk 31FK with generator an my generator battery doesn’t charge when plug in 30amp of a Camping ground why? Can you help?
Marcel2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #35

The Woodstock Camping World (just North of Atlanta, Georgia) has tons of Jaycos and does work on them...warranty and otherwise. Todd the maintenance/service scheduler is great!
Skip76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #36

Ford E450 on our class C. We’re in Atlanta. One Ford truck dealership will service it...in all of Atlanta. Next thing you know we’ll be naming the city back to Martha’s Ville. Disappointing, inconvenient, but doable...like many things in life. Guess that’s what makes it a hoot and holler.
Skip76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel2011 View Post
Hi I h ave Jayco Greyhawk 31FK with generator an my generator battery doesn’t charge when plug in 30amp of a Camping ground why? Can you help?
First, what are you referring to as the generator battery? Do you mean the house batteries are not charging? If so, have you checked to make sure the circuit breaker on the generator itself has not tripped?
Old 02-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #38

Yes I did that an the battery is on the generator an I think there is cell that is burn.
Marcel2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Not true with Ford and Lincoln. My local Ford dealer who serviced my Fords was not authorized by Lincoln to perform warranty work on my MKZ. The could do emergency repairs such as flat tire but they couldn't even do an oil change under my service agreement. I had a 60 mile round trip for service even though the Ford dealer was 5 miles from the house.
Interesting on the inconsistency of Ford dealerships. My Ford dealer has done considerable work on my Lincoln 09 MKZ and my 2015 MKC. Just put a new transmission in the MKC a few months ago. There is a Lincoln dealer not to far away too....but I have confidence in the Ford dealers technicians.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote