Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Camping World vs. Jayco warranty

I called Camping World (of Avondale, AZ) today to schedule service for our generator in our Jayco Redhawk. The scheduler said they no longer do warranty work for Jayco. I asked if my Good Sam extended service plan was invalid and she said "no, that is good, we're just not working with Jayco warranties".
I'm just curious, but why is Camping World no longer accepting warranty work for Jayco products?
Michael G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #2

Did you call Jayco and ask?
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
I called Camping World (of Avondale, AZ) today to schedule service for our generator in our Jayco Redhawk. The scheduler said they no longer do warranty work for Jayco. I asked if my Good Sam extended service plan was invalid and she said "no, that is good, we're just not working with Jayco warranties".
I'm just curious, but why is Camping World no longer accepting warranty work for Jayco products?
They don't show any JAYCO's on their web-site so if they aren't selling JAYCO they won't be servicing JAYCO. Not unusual.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #4

I've had issues recently with camping world not wanting to deal with waiting on payment from Jayco. They made it seem like my Greyhawk was was out of warranty and they didn't want to hear anything. It took me 4 months of waiting to get reimbursement for warranty work from Jayco. Somethings going on.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #5

why? $$$$$ of course.
mboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #6

As it was not critical for me, I did not contact Jayco (my 2015 Jayco is already out of its' Jayco warranties, or is about to be, and I do have the Good Sam extended service agreement). I just have not heard news about Camping World not honoring Jayco warranties and thought other members here might know something.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #7

Camping World honored our warranty for the two years the warranty existed (we purchased ours from Camping World Kaysville, UT). We always made our appointment, drove it in and had it back by the end of the day or at least by the end of the second day depending on the extent of the work (our dealer is 175 miles from our home). We never had it in the shop for weeks on end as some say they have when having their rigs serviced. Sometimes Camping World gets a bad rap. Maybe some deserve it; but there are a lot of good ones out there (and there ARE lots of CWs), so don't always judge by what you hear in general. In our experience, many Camping Worlds don't sell Jayco products, so I would think they wouldn't work on Jayco warranties just because they're a Camping World.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They don't show any JAYCO's on their web-site so if they aren't selling JAYCO they won't be servicing JAYCO. Not unusual.
I respectfully disagree. The CW here in Harrisburg, PA did warranty work on my Jayco. They don't sell Jayco, BUT, they do sell Starcraft. So, when I asked, they said they would honor Jayco warranties.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
I respectfully disagree. The CW here in Harrisburg, PA did warranty work on my Jayco. They don't sell Jayco, BUT, they do sell Starcraft. So, when I asked, they said they would honor Jayco warranties.
But his CW does not sell STARCRAFT either, so as I said it's not unusual.. Just like it's not unusual for some independent shops, not dealers, to do warranty work for JAYCO.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #10

Again, this topic is just my curiousity and why I started this thread. Based upon a few of the replies, each Camping World can possibly direct it's own policy somewhat re: warranty work. The specific location I mentioned (Avondale, AZ), very much promotes Thor products (and I would assume they perform warranty work for Thor products), but it seems ironic that Thor also owns Jayco...since a 2016 aquisition). This location is, however, completely honoring our Good Sam Extended Service Agreement.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
Again, this topic is just my curiousity and why I started this thread. Based upon a few of the replies, each Camping World can possibly direct it's own policy somewhat re: warranty work. The specific location I mentioned (Avondale, AZ), very much promotes Thor products (and I would assume they perform warranty work for Thor products), but it seems ironic that Thor also owns Jayco...since a 2016 aquisition). This location is, however, completely honoring our Good Sam Extended Service Agreement.
Just like Chev, GMC, both owned by GM, but a GMC truck dealer will not do warranty on a Chevy.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:05 PM   #12

Not true,I've taken my Silverado to GMC dealers for warranty work, As long vehicles are base on the same platform no problem
hummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
Not true,I've taken my Silverado to GMC dealers for warranty work, As long vehicles are base on the same platform no problem
I tried about 10 years ago and was told no when we had the KODIAK. The GMC truck dealer who sold and worked on 4500-6500 TOP-KICK (identical to the KODIAK) said I had to go to the Medium Duty Chevy truck shop as GM didn't allow it.

The GMC dealer was just closer that is why I asked. Never tried it with the Silverado had no reason to.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:55 PM   #14

Some Camping Worlds are/may be authorized Jayco dealers, but the one in Denton, Texas is not. I now have to take our Jayco to Gander Mountain (authorized Jayco dealer) and their customer service and responsiveness leaves much to be desired.
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just like Chev, GMC, both owned by GM, but a GMC truck dealer will not do warranty on a Chevy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
Our local GMC dealership (Jerry Seiner) has serviced our Suburban for many years... Not Warranty service, but regular scheduled maintenance. never mentioned a thing to the contrary.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #16

Did you buy it from that location? Or even Camping Wolrd?
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #17
CAG

You don’t need to go to a dealer for warranty work on your generator and I wouldn’t go to CW for anything any way.

Various appliances in your RV are covered by their own warranty and any RV repair service that does warranty work can work on them.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #18

I had that same issue in Central Fl 2 years ago. They did warranty work one year but stopped the next. CW mgr said they had to many issues with receiving payment from Jayco so they stopped. I also encountered a warranty problem with an independent RV repair & parts only facility afterwards. They complained that Jayco wasn’t paying them in a timely manner for work they preformed. I had my warranty work completed but they didn’t get paid yet! They said that “since Thor took over the computer records were screwed up”???
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #19

Warranty work run around

I got dizzy from all the spin and run around I got when I needed warranty work on my Ford chassis Jayco Precept 31 UL. If it was not one thing it was another. Dealers love full timers because they ll likely never seem them again.
I had to make dozens of phone calls just to get my windshield wipers fixed in Florida. A mobile repair came over and did Jayco warranty work. They are better than dealers and will come fast once they get a call from Jayco.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #20

Jayco North Point

I bought a Jayco from Camping World in Roscoe Illinois and they do Jayco warranty work. What happens is they first run it through the Camping World warranty with $50 deductible and if it’s covered by Jayco they refund the deductible.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote