Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2022, 06:30 PM   #1

Can you identify this?

I have a 2021 30z and in June I found this on the floor after putting out the living room slide. Then, this week, I found another one on the floor after extending the living room slide. Does anyone recognize this pins? I have no idea where they came from. Maybe the slide rollers or some other part of the slide mechanism? Maybe left over from when the rig was built? Any help is appreciated, thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
pins.jpg  
Old 10-19-2022, 06:55 PM   #2

I would call tech support send them the pictures of the pins as with a slide out it may or may not be important but i wouldnt move it until you called them
ricky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #3

I found the same thing in my 2018 Greyhawk…It is the hinge pins from a cabinet door in your RV ,,just check all of your cabinet door hinges, just tap them back in. It took me all day to figure out we’re they came from when I found them on the floor in the kitchen good luck……
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
I found the same thing in my 2018 Greyhawk…It is the hinge pins from a cabinet door in your RV ,,just check all of your cabinet door hinges, just tap them back in. It took me all day to figure out we’re they came from when I found them on the floor in the kitchen good luck……
Wow, I would have never guessed. I'll check out the cabinets today. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:17 AM   #5

Thank you Florida Ranger. You were right. Two hinges were missing the lower pins. I tapped them back into place and good to go.

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
funny but sad that we all have the same issues with our Rigs. I too had a hinge pin fall out in our 2018 Greyhawk. one would think that the manufacturers would also be browsing the forums to see where they can improve on their products. Hinge pins are a minor item, but there is certainly a lot of the other stuff that could use updating.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote