Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2021, 03:16 AM   #1

Cannot find Grey Tank Valve

Hi everyone - I'm new to JAYCO and purchased a very nice 1999 283 Eagle. For the life of me I cannot find any valve to empty the grey water tank. There is a valve for the primary disposal located at the opening where the sewer line is attached and it did empty quite a bit. Other than that I cannot find a secondary valve to empty the grey tanks. I've already searched this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The TEST switch inside the rv is also confusing with red yellow and green LEDs and the manual is pretty much worthless.
gigbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum.

The red yellow and green are an indicator of how much room left in the tank.
Pics of your valves would help , although the the grey tank valve should be connected to the main drain valve.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigbuilder View Post
Hi everyone - I'm new to JAYCO and purchased a very nice 1999 283 Eagle. For the life of me I cannot find any valve to empty the grey water tank. There is a valve for the primary disposal located at the opening where the sewer line is attached and it did empty quite a bit. Other than that I cannot find a secondary valve to empty the grey tanks. I've already searched this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The TEST switch inside the rv is also confusing with red yellow and green LEDs and the manual is pretty much worthless.

Perhaps someone with that exact model will respond, but in the meantime -- yes, if you can take and post some pictures.

I took a quick Internet search looking for driver's side photos of that RV but came up short. Take a picture of the black tank valve and the main dump. I too am thinking the Grey Water valve has to be nearby.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigbuilder View Post
There is a gray tank valve. There must be at least two pull handles. Keep looking. As close as I can get you is it is under the slide.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote