Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #1

Can't fill city tank - 2017 Jayco 29MV

I apologize if I am not placing this in the right place - I am new to this board and new to Jayco. I went on a camping trip a couple weeks ago and because it was winter, I need to use my fresh water tank. I dewinterized my RV, put my 2 valve settings to 1 and 6 as instructed and the water flowed right in. When I got back, I set them to winterize 2 & 4 and it sucked the antifreeze right in via the water pump. Good right?

Well, I needed to take it out again and I set the valves on 1 and 6 and water did not fill the tank. As a mater of fact, it acted like I was running on City Fixtures 2 & 6. Because I can run the faucets in this 1 & 6 position. I assume something went bad with these valves - maybe frozen . Tried hair dryer, but no luck... But wanted to make sure I am not missing anything obvious. I have to believe it is the left valve causing the problem, because Tank Fill and City Fixtures both use 6 on the right valve and 1 and 2 respectively on the left.

Any thoughts?
brad104805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #2

Did the valve handle set screw loosen and your not truly turning the valve?
Old 02-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #3

Oh how I wish. I checked them with a screw driver and could clearly see it appears to be turning the valves when I looked close. The left valve has a little more friction when turning it than the right. Since the water from the hose comes out of the faucets, I have to think it’s the left valve with the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #4

screen filter

If you were able to suction anti-freeze into the system, then the screen at the hose connection needs to be reversed. This engages a check-valve. Look inside the connection fitting and you should see a fine domed screen. Take it out and reverse.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #5

Hi Rick, I didn't do anything with this check valve the first time it worked fine (i.e. Revers anything) and wouldn't this check valve also prevent water from getting to the faucets? When I have water on it doesn't flow into the tank, but I can run the faucets with no issue. Unfortunately I just rented my RV out and I am going to have to communicate a potential fix to them. It's not the end of the world if they can't use the fresh water tanks, but I feel bad that we couldn't get water into the tank before they left. Ultimately I will probably have them take it into a repair shop.