Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #1

canvas hose

i saw a flat canvas hose that looked like a real space saver, does any one have any experience using them. i think i want to get 2 25' by 3/4". one for fresh water and one for black water clean out. i thought i seen them at good sam's in indy, but now that i am at home and shop on-line i can not seem to find any and what i am finding are much bigger wiith out ends. also made in china, not sure about the materials there made with.
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:24 AM   #2

My experience is that they kink easily. If you make a straight line run they work ok. Make sure the potable water hose uses NSF approved materials.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #3

Also.... You have to take the entire hose off from the reel before you use it, and as said before, they kink very easy. The plus side is that they are a space saver. I have a 50' role up canvas hose for the drinking water on my rig. I also have a 25' regular white plastic hose that came with the unit when new.
I'm still undecided on the canvas hose, but it does take up less space.
Bought mine from camping world,is NSF approved & for potable water. There is a dark green canvas hose too which I have seen in Walmart. Might be good for the black tank stuff.
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #4

looks great, but really for a special purpose...

Previous posters all have great advice. I have carried one for years, for all the obvious reasons, and have used it maybe 3 times. If you are often 25' or 50' away from the water spigot, then it might be a good thing for you. I am often 5' or 10' away and shorter lengths of regular hose are easier to handle. So, I have a 5', a 10' and a 25'...and the flat 50' in my hose bin and mix and match to suit the occasion.
2005 Cedar Creek 31LBHS
2001 Sprinter 303BHS
1997 Mallard 33Z
1990 Starcraft Starmaster[/I]
Bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #5

We have a Torro brand flat hose on a red wind up reel. Have had it for over 20 years and is still going strong. We do have to remove it from the reel to use it, but when we wind it back up, it forces all of the water out of the hose. Pretty neat...
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote

« music | Fog Lamps »