Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #1

Car Seats

We recently bought a Jayco Melbourne. It has two lapbelts in the back. Has anyone had success adding a third lapbelt. We have three grandchildren and need the extra belt.
sjackson486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #2

I take it the 2 belts in you unit are at the dining table. Do you have a sofa or fold out bed, if so they have probably gotten pushed up underneath. I can put mine totally out of site by opening the sofa up a bit and dropping them down the back. Check good down the back of your cushions and open up your sofa or feel down back of coushions. There should be more somewhere.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #3

Our Melbourne has only two also. I have not looked below the coach to see how the square tubing frames are attached to the floor but having a couple of tubing supports like the existing ones should not be too much of a problem. I assume the tubing risers are there so the seatbelt pulls horizontally rather than at a diagonal as it would if attached to the floor.
If it weren't for the possibility of having the belt pivot a person down into the seat I would consider getting extra length belts and going straight to the floor.
This doesn't answer your question but it is something I have thought about.
Roy
stumpshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seatbelt