Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #1

Carefree awning replacement BT12 bluetooth

Hello , on my 2017 greyhawk 29MV ford E450, has anyone added a Carefree Bluetooth BT12 module to adjust the awning and light bar? If So there is one wire called IGN lock thats kicking my butt. I understand why we have it but it seems like the key on or off switched 12V is not allowing me to extend the awning with key on or off. then the installation instructions state wire tied to Ground is also good to retract and lock if key is on, and yes it retracts but it wont extend when you take key to off position . Is this a digital PCM signal this module is looking for? not just a switched 12V source .The only way i can make the awning extend is to leave the IGN lock wire unhooked to anything. I really want the safe option to work which is ground, to retract and lock when key is on. if anyone has experiance with this , PS carefree does not have any technical support as I tried this first. thanks for any advise. Ted

attached is key statements and schematic

The BT12 module provides an ignition lockout option. When the “IGN LOCK” is connected to the
vehicle PCM or other switched source the following parameters are set:
a) If Open = Awning Active
b) If tied to GND = RTL (Retract Then Lock) – Awning retracts, extend command disabled
c) If tied to +12Vdc = Standard – Extend command disabled
Attached Thumbnails
bt122.JPG  
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #2

I added the BT module to t our Seneca and you do not use the Ignition lockout wire coming from the module as the 12+ power wire that Jayco wired the original manual switch is already wired through and ignition lockout. Try disconnecting the Green wire from the module and it should work.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote