Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
I have to say that I agree with you. I'm irritated enough about dropping a grand to make it drive better, but these stupid mod "fixes" make me feel like I waited and saved for 15 years to downgrade not upgrade from my trailer. Not exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

Everyone needs to make sure that if you run the genny in hot weather that you keep an eye on the fresh water tank. I was amazed at how incredibly hot my shower was, almost unbearable due to the genny heat exhaust. I attached heat shield material to and around the tank so I will know this weekend if it helped.
Wow, thanks for the tip on the generator, it is really close to the water tank, so I can see that happening. Plus when the outside temp is up there, it doesn't take that much more to boost it.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
My best guess for the three hoses is so the tank doesn't get over pressurized during strong city fill. With high pressure, I wonder if only one hose could vent off fast enough without exerting extra pressure on the tank and connectors?
The water has to go through the water filter before it goes to the tank. That should slow it down a little.
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt6283 View Post
The water has to go through the water filter before it goes to the tank. That should slow it down a little.
Ya, on my rig the water going into the fresh tank flows pretty slow. One vent hose should be more than enough. I didn’t even think about the fact that it goes through a filter too.
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #24

The three hoses are probably not for the air as this will pass easily and can be compressed without too much effort. The water on the other hand will transfer the feed pressure into the tank and vent lines. If you overfill the tank using one vent the tank can be over pressurized, the three lines will reduce the pressure in the tank due to added volume released. You can still over pressurize the tank but having more volume released will reduce the chances.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #25
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
The three hoses are probably not for the air as this will pass easily and can be compressed without too much effort. The water on the other hand will transfer the feed pressure into the tank and vent lines. If you overfill the tank using one vent the tank can be over pressurized, the three lines will reduce the pressure in the tank due to added volume released. You can still over pressurize the tank but having more volume released will reduce the chances.
Thanks for that, that's what I was alluding to, you explained it better. Pressurized water, even if slowed a bit by a filter, will still flow at higher pressure than gravity drain, so the 3 drain/vent lines gives the pressurized water an equalized escape route that one line couldn't provide.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
I have to say that I agree with you. I'm irritated enough about dropping a grand to make it drive better,

Only a grand?
Consider yourself lucky!

Mine? A 2016 and:
Previous Owner doesn't maintain genny: $700

Two year later - Generator explodes - $3200.
AC upper dies - $700

And probably $2K in other things here and there.
Our 'fridge ain't keeping things as cold as it used to. That'll be another $800.

And someone wants to sue over water???

Sloshin' water is the least of my worries.

What do they say is the Happiest Day of your Life?
Oh yeah, when you unload the thing...
Old 08-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #27

I have had the same issue with our eagle hat 26.5. I blocked off both hoses under the trailer with valves. The other vent is right beside the fill spot upon the trailer. You can here it gurgling when you fill the tank when it starts to get full. I leave the bottom closed until I winterized the trailer. I have never had an issue with pump or tank problems. For the 4 years I’ve been doing this. There will be enough air from the top vent beside the nozzle to allow your pump in the trailer to work correctly I hope this helps.
Maddog1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #28

Water issue solved

I have had the same issue with our eagle hat 26.5. I blocked off both hoses under the trailer with valves. The other vent is right beside the fill spot upon the trailer. You can here it gurgling when you fill the tank when it starts to get full. I leave the bottom closed until I winterized the trailer. I have never had an issue with pump or tank problems. For the 4 years I’ve been doing this. There will be enough air from the top vent beside the nozzle to allow your pump in the trailer to work correctly I hope this helps.
Maddog1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
I'm getting really tired and pissed off "doing what I got to do" because Jayco didn't do the right thing on a brand new rig...
Couldn’t agree more. As much as we love the look of our Jayco...now we’ve fixed the endless list of problems that plagued us with a brand new 2019 Eagle, it’s still been a huge disappointment. Quality control is non-existent, build quality is just awful. There was a poster on here a while back that was having numerous problems with a brand new rig and he made the comment that you’d think paying over $60K for a 5th wheel would buy a little better quality and someone responded that his expectations were too high.

Frankly, I thought that response was ignorant. I paid close to $60K for mine. I don’t know about anyone else but I work for my money and sure as heck didn’t get $60K worth of quality out of Jayco considering the first two months of ownership were spent fixing everything from non-working slides to incorrectly wired AC units. Dealer was useless...period!!

I’ll make the best of a bad investment and “do what I have to do” until I can sell or trade it but one thing’s for sure. I will
Never purchase another Jayco product.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #30

Siphoning Greyhawk Fix

Yup! It's a BIG design problem known to Jayco. Our brand new Jayco Redhawk 23j dropped all the water on our way to hunting. Not a pretty thing to have happen when you are in the middle of nowhere! Thank goodness our hunting partner brought an additional 70 gallons of water. They did fix it by wrapping an extra long water hose around several times so that it can't siphon. No problems since then. Johnson's RV in Sandy, Oregon has been wonderful to fix everything. We are still waiting though for some parts as the laminate on the seat is pulling off and the dining coach seat rubbed through on the screw head......
Sanerjo108 is offline   Reply With Quote