Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2020, 08:41 PM   #1

Ch751.com

Has anyone used CH751.com to replace their baggage door locks? I hate to think a fellow camper would break-in but you can never be too careful right? It seems pretty straight forward but would love some real world feedback.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Brooksie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
Site Team

There have been several members that have changed their locks, but am not sure which companies they've used. Good information, thanks.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:12 PM   #3

I replaced my locks with the tubular cam locks from Industrial Lock & Hardware (ch751.com) because I was done struggling with getting the key to go into the lock. The tubular key goes right in and the locks work great. I followed the measuring instructions from the site and had no issues installing the new locks.
TheCopperOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperOne View Post
I replaced my locks with the tubular cam locks from Industrial Lock & Hardware (ch751.com) because I was done struggling with getting the key to go into the lock. The tubular key goes right in and the locks work great. I followed the measuring instructions from the site and had no issues installing the new locks.
That’s great to hear! I we just wrapped up a trip and snapped the key off in on of the locks buttoning everything up and like you I hate fumbling with which direction the key goes in? Were you tempted to try the mangentic version?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:47 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Just wondering, do those tubular cam locks come in many different keyed patterns, like a tumbler lock? Or are there only a few different combinations? Wouldn't want to end up with a repeat of the 751 situation, where many people have the same key.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:28 AM   #6
Site Team

There are 4,6,7,8,and rarer 10 pin locks. They use tumblers also, just in a circular pattern, so the locks can be made shorter. There are many different keys, but the big thing, is they're not generic as the 751 locks.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:11 AM   #7

Both Amazon and eBay have cam locks for RV's. Simply search...
Old 01-06-2020, 07:07 AM   #8

I ordered and installed locks from ch751.com 3 years ago. They installed easily and I have never had a problem with them. I recommend them.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Just wondering, do those tubular cam locks come in many different keyed patterns, like a tumbler lock? Or are there only a few different combinations? Wouldn't want to end up with a repeat of the 751 situation, where many people have the same key.
According to their site there are 10,000 key codes in the rotation.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Both Amazon and eBay have cam locks for RV's. Simply search...
I was looking for a feedback of actual owners of this product I’m well aware of where to find the product.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
There are many different keys, but the big thing, is they're not generic as the 751 locks.
That became a concern of mine, when wifey lost one of the two keys that came with my rig. I didn't realize, until the dealer told me, how "generic" these 751 locks were, and replacements were all over the place. That made me go hmmmm...

It wasn't as much of a concern at a campground, as I feel "most" others there are trustworthy, and I hope they wouldn't help themselves to what's in our compartments.

It was when we were out and about, parking in normal parking lots playing tourist, that anyone walking around that location that has the generic key, could go on a nice shopping trip. That always gave me pause...

So, first project when the cover comes off, NEW tubular cam locks all the way around!!!
Old 01-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #12

Quote:
So, first project when the cover comes off, NEW tubular cam locks all the way around!!!
Yeah, looks like a good idea. CH751 units cost twice what those listed on Amazon go for and don't see any difference quality wise.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
Yeah, looks like a good idea. CH751 units cost twice what those listed on Amazon go for and don't see any difference quality wise.
Yep, I saw the same thing, a 10 pack (keyed alike) was like $60 on amazon, so definitely worth it. Just need to verify the depth of the barrel on the doors.

Not sure I need 20 keys with that pack, though....
Old 01-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Not sure I need 20 keys with that pack, though....
you can never have too many keys

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
you can never have too many keys

You get a key, and you get a key, and you get a key......

Old 01-06-2020, 07:51 PM   #16

All my storage doors use the common 751 key and I'm not gonna change them out because I'd rather have someone help themselves to what's in there rather than break the door itself.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
All my storage doors use the common 751 key and I'm not gonna change them out because I'd rather have someone help themselves to what's in there rather than break the door itself.
This is a very good point. The only thing in my outside storage compartments are leveling blocks, some misc sewer and freshwater fittings, fresh water hose, a dogbone or two, etc. There really isn't anything in there that is worth any money or couldn't be replaced easily in nearly any campground store. When I have camp setup, most of those things are outside anyway.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #18

I went with rvlocksandmore dot com when I replaced the storage and main door lock on my TT.

I did the door and storage with the same key in the 900 series (no master key) found under security upgrades.
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperOne View Post
Used these locks on previous travel trailer and worked great. Seem to be much more secure than original. Printed off measuring guide from the website and measured per instructions. Just few minutes to change them out.

Can’t answer how many would have similar key - but has to be way less than CH 751.

Hope that helps.
RRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #20

Barrel licks

Yes, change your locks, We use the barrel locks, almost all motorhomes and trailers come with the same compartment locks, the 751 key. It’s a generic, cheap for the manufacturers, compartment locks. When we are out camping, we always tell newbies to change their locks as anyone can access the compartments. That’s the first thing we do when buying a coach, of any kind.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote