Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

circuit board, for hydaulic Jacks

I have problems, the control panel lights up whenever I start up my vehicle, all the lights on the panl light up but nothing works. Consequently, my jacks don't work. Power Gear manuel is useless as is, Customer Service. Can anyone give me some idea what to do. Do I need a new circuit board, or somethng else, has anyone else had the same probelm and what was the fix.
Tres Pinos Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

Which customer service? Power Gear was bought out by Lippert and people are usually happy with their CS.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #3

A friend had the same problem and thought it was the board and bought one. Turned out to be the key pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #4

Hello there. I have Power Gear stabilizing jacks on my 2008 Seneca. They stopped working several months ago and I could not figure it out for the life of me. Took it to Camping World and the diagnosis was the circuit board needed replacing! "Eeeegad"! $500.00 dollars for the part, and slightly under $300.00 for the labor. I don't have a money tree in my backyard, but I know there is a cost of doing business with these palaces! Good luck.
JmsNMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Pinos Kid View Post
I have problems, the control panel lights up whenever I start up my vehicle, all the lights on the panl light up but nothing works. Consequently, my jacks don't work. Power Gear manuel is useless as is, Customer Service. Can anyone give me some idea what to do. Do I need a new circuit board, or somethng else, has anyone else had the same probelm and what was the fix.
I believe the leveling jacks are disabled if you turn on the vehicle ignition or start up the vehicle.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #6

a friend just went through this and it was his key pad not his board On mine if I put them down and raise them I can't put them back down with out turning the key off and letting it re set. Check to see if a pad is down a little or one of the switches are stuck. Mine will work running or not running but the key must be on. Could check the switch on the trans to make sure it's reading right. If it thinks it's in gear they won't work. Just thoughts
Old 08-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #7

That happened to me. Lights on the panel worked but jacks would not. I was on the road, so called my dealer mechanic and he suggested I "turn off" my system to reset it. Since there was no obvious way to power it off, he suggested I take the 4 screws out of the inside panel where the buttons are, and unplug the entire unit, give it a few minutes and plug it back in. That fixed mine.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote