Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #1

City water fill not working

I am out on my first big trip in my Entegra Odyssey 24s. Connected up the city water and I get no water. Switches are set correctly. Also the fresh water fill doesn’t work. I just had the water pump value replaced at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. It all worked fine before I took it to the dealer for replacement, and now it doesn’t. The water pump works fine and pulls water from the tank but I only had about a quarter of a tank and it is now empty. I am thinking the dealer messed something up and I am not happy. And ideas?
jswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #2

Are you using a pressure regulator? Do you have it installed with the “arrow” pointing towards the unit?
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #3

Is there a filter in the rig? Does it have by-pass valves?
Old 07-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #4

I am not using a water regulator. The unit does have a built in filter case, but I have never used it because I am unable to reach it. I can reach one of the values but not the other, because it is under one of the drawers, and I am unable to remove the drawer because the bed platform is in the way. Very poor design in my opinion. Question I do have, is the valve supposed to be up and down or perpendicular to the hose?
Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswish View Post
I am not using a water regulator. The unit does have a built in filter case, but I have never used it because I am unable to reach it. I can reach one of the values but not the other, because it is under one of the drawers, and I am unable to remove the drawer because the bed platform is in the way. Very poor design in my opinion. Question I do have, is the valve supposed to be up and down or perpendicular to the hose?
The handle would be parallel to the pipe to be open. If it is perpendicular it is closed.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:46 AM   #6

I dont know the specifics of your rig but I wonder if the handle is detachable and they replaced it in wrong position. On my unit the handles can be put on in several directions and if installed incorrectly It would look like it is set correctly but the valve actually be in the wrong position.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #7

Found the problem with the help of a kind Rv’ing neighbor. There were two issues. First was when the dealer fix the water pump the forgot to open up one of the valves. My neighbor with his longer arm was able to reach it and turn it on. Started getting water but at very low pressure. Discovered the check valve where the hose goes into the RV was damaged. Removed it, now getting pressure. Now off to find a replacement part for the check valve.

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Tags
city, fill, water