Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2022, 08:15 AM   #1

Class c aluminum rim valve extenders

I’ve now had the valve extenders on the rear inside dusky rims oscillate enough to break the TPMs valve stem. Twice stranded on the road requiring roadside assistance and a second trip to a ford repair dealer to replace the standard valve stem the roadside repair guy had with TPMs sensor valve stem sI’ve researched a number of different valve extenders ( flexible vs rigid ) and valve extenders stabilizers which fit the aluminum rims on my 2021 Greyhawk. Anyone had experience and found a solution?
Ramland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:46 AM   #2

I have ridged (about 1.5 inch) extenders. I own gauges and inflation tools that reach in and work with these. Used them for years without issue.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramland View Post
I’ve now had the valve extenders on the rear inside dusky rims oscillate enough to break the TPMs valve stem. Twice stranded on the road requiring roadside assistance and a second trip to a ford repair dealer to replace the standard valve stem the roadside repair guy had with TPMs sensor valve stem sI’ve researched a number of different valve extenders ( flexible vs rigid ) and valve extenders stabilizers which fit the aluminum rims on my 2021 Greyhawk. Anyone had experience and found a solution?
Use the search bar, in gold at the top of the page. There are numerous threads on this topic with various solutions.

It make take some trial and error with wording because the search feature is a little unfriendly at times. Also Google will give you a bunch of help.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:26 PM   #4

Get the plastic extensions made for hub caps and the straight air chucks and straight air gauges work great with no add weight to stems. That’s what I did. I am in the tire business so I still had these from old days!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
CAG

A place to start:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...res-76928.html

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:17 PM   #6

Extended valve stems.

I’ve been very happen with this kit we installed on our 2019 30x. Wanted one metal piece to avoid any issues with tmps. Customer service was great. Well worth the $$. Local tire shop installed for $60.
Attached Thumbnails
5628FC39-B8AD-4EB7-B7F8-C904D2B2F8BA.jpg   868354A7-180B-44AF-AEE0-BF26E3AA4BBB.jpg  
JLH1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Use the search bar, in gold at the top of the page. There are numerous threads on this topic with various solutions.

It make take some trial and error with wording because the search feature is a little unfriendly at times. Also Google will give you a bunch of help.
I understand the need to use the search bar rather than endlessly have to read thru the same questions over and over again But, I find this search engine is, ah...umm..., "a little unfriendly" to be a tad understated. For a newbie to MH use(me), have been camping for 65 years using tent-popup-multiple truck campers, it is more than a little frustrating to tease out the info looked for slowly. I usually end up just reading older post titles and exploring.

Don't get me wrong, this site has provided me with a much-appreciated amount of advice and knowledge.

Ken
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
I understand the need to use the search bar rather than endlessly have to read thru the same questions over and over again But, I find this search engine is, ah...umm..., "a little unfriendly" to be a tad understated. For a newbie to MH use(me), have been camping for 65 years using tent-popup-multiple truck campers, it is more than a little frustrating to tease out the info looked for slowly. I usually end up just reading older post titles and exploring.

Don't get me wrong, this site has provided me with a much-appreciated amount of advice and knowledge.

Ken

You're not alone. I find the search limited as well. It's like walking into the library and asking for all of the books, magazines, videos, DVDs on "water heaters".

Asking a question can yield more pointed results.