Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #1

Class C covers???

I have a Granitridge 32 wide body and was wondering what is the best cover for it. Lots of choices out there, Id like to get one that will last in the Washington State weather. Thnaks
Skid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #2

I bought an Expedition class-C cover through ebay. Have had it 2 years now and it's looking a little worn from wind and rain. I put buckets under it on the roof so water doesn't pool. It tears easily so I put tape on sharp corners and water pipe insulating foam on the ladder because the steps have points that poke through. Be sure to accurately measure your RV and get the closest size. Mine is too long and tends to be loose fitting. I will say it keeps the rig clean through Washington weather though.
time2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:01 AM   #3

Maybe there should be a poll on how many people have ever used these. They certainly seem to be well promoted in the RV catalogs each and every fall season.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #4

Bought one once for our Class A. After struggling to get it on top of the roof, catching my breath, hefted it back down the ladder and returned it to Camping World. Too much work, hazardous, expensive, and it just doesn't stay parked long enough to make it all worth while.
Did use one on our truck camper when we lived in snow country. Light, easy to spread and tie down, helped to contain heat. And cheap. Made a good hide out.
For a younger person, in snow country where it stays parked for months, and on a Class C I think it makes good sense.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippers View Post
Bought one once for our Class A. After struggling to get it on top of the roof, catching my breath, hefted it back down the ladder and returned it to Camping World. Too much work, hazardous, expensive, and it just doesn't stay parked long enough to make it all worth while.
------------------------------------------
Ditto

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #6

If you have solar covers are a problem. Unless you have power you don't have any sun getting to the panels to keep everything charged.