Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #1

Class C Leveling

My Redhawk does not come with a leveling system. It is prepped to have one installed.

My question...how hard is it to level with just links blocks? Seems like it might be a pain to do.

Second question....the Redhawk does not come with stabilizers. Do you think that is necessary in a class C.

I'm coming from a trailer...which was very easy to level. This will be a new experience for me.
Kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #2

Level the same way, not much difference.
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #3

Had my prev Cl C 32 ft for 11 yrs, no jacks or stabilizers and present jayco 26xd for 2 yrs no jacks or stablizers. Just the two of us and no real motion when parked. When we park we check the refrig door and bath room door and if they dont swing one way or the other I am good. Probably have had to use the lynx levelers only about 15 % of the time. I dont go crazy to get perfectfully level. Has worked for me.
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #4

We moved from a dual axle TT to a dual wheel Greyhawk 29MV, but our 29MV does have the leveling system. To me, the difference is blocking two wheels in front of each other (the TT) or blocking two wheels beside each other (the 29MV). The one advantage of the TT was that I didn't have to bend underneath to get a block under the inside dual.

We use the leveling system about 50% of the time, but when we don't I can feel slight movement when we're walking around in the 29MV. With the 6 tires on the ground (or on blocks) plus the 4 jacks down, the coach becomes very stable. I carry a pack of the Lynx Levelers (a hold over from the TT) and 8 or 9-2X12's for under the tires or jacks. I put screw eyes on each of the 2X12's and a short piece of rope to assist in pulling them out from under the jacks or tires.

I don't find it any more difficult to manually level the 29MV versus the TT. We use a 9" spirit level on the floor by the door to check front-to-back and side-to-side. DW is responsible for the leveling decisions and I move the coach as she directs.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #5

I had a 21 ft class c for 5 yrs and used 2x10 to level , fine most of the time.
I got on a sandy site one time on a hot august day, every time i pulled on the blocks the sand would shift not fun.
hard surfaces no problem!!
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #6

Our Greyhawk did not have a leveling system or stabilizers. Most sites we camped at were relatively level and just required some tweaking. We had 2 sets of Lynx leveling blocks and a handful of 1" and 1/2" thick pieces of plywood for additional tweaking.

We tried to always keep the rear tires on the ground since they require more blocks under them. Only once did we not have enough blocks to get very level, but we were level enough. That site was meant for a smaller RV with a steep driveway to get to the mostly level portion of the site.

Our Class C had 2 slides, one on the street side (front of RV) and the other on the curb side (rear of the RV). The curb side slide had bunks in it. Our camper rocked every time one of the kids moved in a bunk. We purchased a set of stack jacks from Camco. I put them one the house, not on the frame. Up front, one was placed at the corner, just behind the cab. On the rear, they were place where the house began to turn up, behind the rear wheels. This helped to remove the rock out of the camper when the kids shifted on the bunk or someone stepped into the camper.

If your Motorhome doesn't have slides, you probably won't have as much rock as we did. Our current TT has 4 slides, 2 opposing slides have bunks. Even with wheels off the ground, we get a little rock if one of the kids jump on the bunk or are horsing around on a bunk.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote