Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2019, 05:32 PM   #51

I found on my class C the stove The lid rattled over the burners I placed padding under lid under the cast iron grates over the burners removed the shelf inside the oven, then removed the glass carousel in the microwave placed pad under it now it is pretty quiet. The only annoying thing left is the bathroom door flies open and drawers slide open so bungee cords stopped that.

che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #52

One of my co-workers once described his trip in a Rental Class C as "like living in a silverware drawer".

Old 01-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #53

Oh my... I never saw this thread after all this time....

We have a new rattle, or BANG, or bzzzzz or clank-clank-clank EVERY time we depart from our campsite to a new campsite. Most of the time, it is a rattle,bang,bzzz and clank at the same time too... For us, nothing gets put back in it's perfect place every time - and we hear it all the way to the next stop. Nature of the beast.

Surely, we have forgotten to securely close one of the cabinet doors... the contents will be sure to push the door open at the next curve and leap to their death upon the floor and create a new sensory experience of "what the heck was that crashing back there" ????

There are a million different sounds, noises, rattles that have yet to be identified as to the actual source of the noise - still. And we are seasoned veterans at the motor-home travel routine. Many of those noises are avoidable with a little pre-trip preparation like bubble wrapping the bottles in the liquor cabinet - (they love to clang when they are hugging each other) OR making sure the medicine cabinet in the bathroom is closed.

Sometimes... It's like a game for us... "What do you think that noise was?" Sometimes we never find out! ... and sometimes it is obviously all spread across the floor.
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I dropped the bottom off the microwave (the black part w/ the light and the 'filters') so I could get at the back plate. I put some foam along the back bottom corner where the plate touches the wall and the lip brackets. I then put electrical tape (2x layers) around the whole bottom of the microwave (the black part that I removed) before I screwed it back in place.

So far so good.
If someone could post pics of the microwave noise prevention being done it would be appreciated.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #55

Yes what he said and in additionI use paper plates and plastics mostly because glassware or melamine plates and cups rattle around. I keep my food tightly packed in plastic bins and make sure there is no room for anything to slide around in the cabinets and the fridge..That being said it is a truck on a stretched chassis ;and on rougher roads it does rock and roll!

Baldfacemt is offline   Reply With Quote