Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #1

Class c wheel stem extenders

We have read pros and cons of using them. So many types to choose from major confused. Are they more of a problem than they are worth. Drove sem's never had them.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #2

I’ve had problems with the braided screw on extenders, as well as the metal screw on ones. I finally went to the extended metal ones that are bolted on the wheels directly (have to dismount one side of the tire to put them in), but they work flawlessly and will not leak.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #3

Thanks, do you happen to remember the brand...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #4

No, I got them at Discount tire, and they did all of the labor for nothing. As I remember, they cost me between ten and fifteen dollars for all four wheels. I did this around 4 months ago after fussing around with the other two options I previously mentioned for almost two prior years of misery !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #5

On our two RVs, both Class C's, we had metal valve stem extenders installed.
No problems.
First ones were installed at Discount Tire.
The second set, on our Jayco, I opted for an independent shop that caters mostly to truck tires.
I have heard negative stories about valve stem extenders, one from an employee at a Discount Tire store who told me his father had issues.
I have the extenders so that I can check tire pressures easily. On the Monday morning prior to a departure later in the week, I check the pressure on all six tires. If there's an issue, I have time to take the vehicle to a nearby Discount Tire, where I purchased a tire warranty for the original tires on the RV.
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote