Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #1

Cleaning tips for 3-burner range?

Howdy folks,
So...we are wanting to clean the burners on the Apollow 3-burner range in our 07 Melbourne, but we are unclear how to remove them from the cooktop in order to clean them? Any tips? The Jayco owner's manual says "refer to OEM manual for more info", but alas...while there is some info on the "half time oven" there is no mention of the 3-burner cooktop portion of the unit.

Thanks for any help.

-Mike
classact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #2

OK, you all score an "F" on helping me out on this one, so I'll respond to my own post. That's OK...I should know that asking about cleaning something in the kitchen wouldn't result in a landslide of comment. Anyway, I DID find out that the drip pans on the Apollo units are sealed, and you can't remove them for cleaning. So...spray 'em down w/ windex, whatever, and wipe away.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #3

LoL... I guess we all deserved that!

On mine, we remove the cook-top grate, push the drip-pan forward and lift from the rear. The whole top is on hinges to allow you access underneath the drip-pan. This will allow you to get all the crumbs that fell underneath the burners.

The quality of the finish on the stoves seems poor in comparison to a regular kitchen stove; we don't use anything beyond warm soapy water or, in a pinch, windex (as you've suggested).

My previous trailer, we had to unscrew the whole top end of the stove and pull the whole thing apart to get at the junk the fell under the burners. Near the end I found a shop-vac did a pretty good job so long as the stove wasn't caked in crud.

DW and I share the cooking as we both get enjoyment out of it - the stove gets a daily wipe down after every use (same with the BBQ). The trailer gets continuous cleaning as we use it; every third trip or so, it gets a thorough cleaning top-to-bottom, unless we're doing longer-term camping, whereas it gets a solid tidy as necessary and a full-service cleaning whenever convenient.

Do I get a C- for at least trying hard?

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #4

I'll do you one better and give you a B+ for that! Thanks for the tips!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #5

Can I get extra credit although not knowing the answer, but because I wouldn't mind having a Melbourne ...? We saw a Greyhawk with bunks yesterday. Jayco makes some nice MH's. Glad you worked out the stove issue Mike
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #6

I'll give ya a B+ too McMonk though I'll have to admit my wife gets all the credit in our unit for cleaning the galley area. She also takes care of most of the inside of the trailer but hey, it's bigger than a locomotive cab or caboose (no longer used on RR's) so I get lost. Seriously, I help out as much as she'll let me.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #7

Thanks for me as well, few years later but the concept is still the same.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote