Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2019, 02:52 AM   #1

Clicking sound

Have a noticable clicking sound. Sounds like a relay clicking. Can't track it down but sounds like its coming from fridge or battery compartment under the stairs. Everything seems to be working properly. Sound is intermittent and not really bothersome. Would be alot less bothersome if I knew it was normal. Anyone else have a clicking refrigerator or something similar. 2019 entegra 31L (same as greyhawk 31fs)
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:52 AM   #2

I have the same model but no clicking. Hopefully still under warranty and would have them check it out.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #3

Narrowed it down to the fridge. It stopped cooling on a/c power but works fine on propane. Have to do a little further investigation. I read thru the norcold owners manual and it mentioned being no more than 3 degrees off level on electric function. That could be possible. Pulled in late last night and eyeballed it. No leveling system on mine. Going to get it level and see what happens.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #4

Coach was level. Clicking is coming from hot water heater......relay I think but still working fine. Fridge crapped out on a/c and on propane. Did all the troubleshooting i could do but looks like it's going in for service. Hate to bring it in to the butcher/dealer.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 AM   #5

Does the clicking stop at all? maybe the propane trying to ignite?
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:07 AM   #6

The propane has no problem lighting on either the fridge or hot water heater. The clicking is only noticeable if hot water heater is in electric heating mode but works fine regardless. Going in for toasted refrigerator and I'll ask about that clicking noise at the same time. Others have said a new relay fixed their problem.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #7

For whatever reason the fridge is working again. I'm guessing something reset after I shut it down and turned the main breaker off for a few days. Turned it back on because the dealer asked me to turn and leave it on 24 hours before my service appointment. Maybe it shuts down to prevent damage of some kind? The only thing I can think of is at the last campground we stayed at the electric was antiquated and it arced pretty good when I plugged in the 30 amp cord. Maybe something tripped or needed to reset? Anyway looks like I'm not driving the 3 hours to albany today.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsommer40 View Post
For whatever reason the fridge is working again. I'm guessing something reset after I shut it down and turned the main breaker off for a few days. Turned it back on because the dealer asked me to turn and leave it on 24 hours before my service appointment. Maybe it shuts down to prevent damage of some kind? The only thing I can think of is at the last campground we stayed at the electric was antiquated and it arced pretty good when I plugged in the 30 amp cord. Maybe something tripped or needed to reset? Anyway looks like I'm not driving the 3 hours to albany today.
On that note...sounds like you did not flip breakers before plugging in? Do you use a surge protector?
2005 F150 Platinum/Roush Package

WHERE EVER YOU GO....THERE YOU ARE
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #9

I use a surge protector/circuit checker. The post had no breaker just the 30 amp recepticle. Never saw one like that. I checked the circuit first but did not leave my surge protector plugged in as the lady in the office said they go missing and her groundskeeper guy will unplug any adapter probably because he does not know the difference between a surge protector and a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #10

Had same problem on Melbourne prestige 2019. Think it is the hot water heater on electric actually. Seems to of gone. Please share what you discover.
Walter Kocian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #11

Narrowed it down to the hot water heater but only on electric mode. Still works fine. I'll address it in the spring when I take it in for 1 year inspection.will keep you posted if they find anything.