Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #1

Question Climate Controlled Winter Storage

I have a 2019 Seneca which will be stored in a climate controlled environment for the winter in Minnesota. What is common practice for extended seasonal storage in a heated environment (forced air natural gas)?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmonkey85 View Post
I have a 2019 Seneca which will be stored in a climate controlled environment for the winter in Minnesota. What is common practice for extended seasonal storage in a heated environment (forced air natural gas)?

I would fill the tank with fuel, change the oil and filter drain all of the water from the water tank and water heater. Drain and flush the black tank and drain the grey tank, as well. Then I would blow out the water lines, making sure the filter canister is empty and add antifreeze to the water traps in the sink and shower. I would also air the tires to maximum stated on the tires. I realize you are in a heated environment, but if the power goes out, you will need to be protected from freezing temps. In other words, I would still winterize the unit; it is better to be safe than sorry !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #3

You are sooooooo lucky! Do all your fall maintenance. Make sure to fully disconnect the batteries (remove the neg power cables)

Do you trust the heat source? If so, I would drain the FW system, and blow it out with compressed air to get as much water out of the pipes as you can. Put some RV antifreeze down the traps (just in case). Float a few drops of Mineral oil (NOT vegetable oil) in the P-Traps and Toilet to keep the antifreeze from evaporation over the winter.

If you do not 100% trust the heat source, then I would fill the FW system with RV antifreeze, or have a few jugs on hand ready to pump into the system if needed. I always have two jugs on the shelf, just in case.

I am so jealous!

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote