Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

Coach Too Old

I saw in several campgrounds wanting the age of coach, what is too old for a coach to be on the road ? Ours is a 09 and in excellent shape yes it has a nick or two and a decal cracking on the back. A lot people who see it are surprised for some reason it is a 09. I was curious out their what you think is too old for the road or campground as one campground said on its site.

che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #2

I have been to several high end campgrounds which are MH only and don't allow anything more than 10 years old on property without approval. I guess they are trying to keep the image up for the expensive rates they charge.

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #3

There's no such thing as being too old for the road. If a unit is maintained or restored, and is safe and reliable enough to operate, then I'd consider it roadworthy.

If I'm understanding your questions correctly, you're also asking about campgrounds that are more exclusive and will turn away RV's with deteriorated appearance. What is your question with that? Were you turned away or just wondering if you'd be admitted?
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #4

You’re questioning whether an 09 is too old??!! Time for a reality check and a chill pill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I have been to several high end campgrounds which are MH only and don't allow anything more than 10 years old on property without approval. I guess they are trying to keep the image up for the expensive rates they charge.
As a business model, it makes sense. If there's a demand for "upscale" campgrounds with a little more of a country club ambience, then by all means, somebody should cater to it.

There's really no rational reason for me to feel that slight pang upon realizing a campground I'm considering won't allow me in. The pang only lasts about five seconds, until I realize they're serving a legitimate market, not excluding me for some dark reason. But, I digress.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #6

Sounds like the kind of place I wouldn't be comfortable anyway
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDad View Post
Sounds like the kind of place I wouldn't be comfortable anyway
X 2. Or the kind of place I can afford, lol.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #8

No never turned away, just a few I had looked at said RV over ten years old not permitted in park.I thought strange if coach was maintained and not the Partridge family bus. Yes you were right a lot of them were costly
Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #9

Too old? 09 too told? Man I just bought an 06 6 months ago and that's like a huge upgrade to me.

I bought a different pickup 2 years ago. I was talking to a guy at work and asked what year of pickup I bought. It's an 07 GMC Sierra. He goes "Oh and old one!" At the time I was driving a 94 Grand Cherokee to work everyday to keep the miles off the pickup. I just laughed at him.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #10

I still drive my 06 GMC keep putting it together, I just laughed at the campgrounds asking me the age of coach, We really like our 09 and I keep in in tip top shape always thinking ahead what should be changed out this year like hoses before long etc.