Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
My wife "re-purposed" the original bedspread to become our cab drape. It just tucks under the cab bunk Travasak and has cutouts for the bunk ladder hooks. It is quilted and does a good job isolating the cab area from the coach.
OK, that was a good re-use!

As far as cold in a Greyhawk goes, we picked our 29ME up last year 3 days before Christmas and took it out in Jan, twice. It got down to the upper 20s but we were pretty warm between the furnace (hear pump) and two little heaters. One small one, I put down in the basement where my water filter and incoming pipes are. And we used the tank heaters. One thing I bought was one of those Mr. Heater, Little Buddies that runs off a small can of propane. Those are definitely warm, but we only used it when we were up. Wouldn't want to run it at night. And yeah, we also invested in a good electric blanket.

When parked in our drive last winter, we went through two full (well, 3/4) tanks of propane since you can only set the thermostat down to about 45 I think. It would definitely come on and burn up some propane so I ended up winterizing myself and shut everything down. We came out fine when we started up again in March.

One thing, we had a problem with the pump sucking up the anti freeze for some reason. Took it to the dealer and they got it working so we could fill the lines (and pour some down the drains).
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #22

So how many electric heaters does it take to keep the 29MV comfortable (without the use of the propane furnace) in 30-40 degree weather?

PS: I know that this sounds like the intro to a bad joke.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPEagle View Post
So how many electric heaters does it take to keep the 29MV comfortable (without the use of the propane furnace) in 30-40 degree weather?

PS: I know that this sounds like the intro to a bad joke.
My two cents: 30-40 is a wide range.

What I do know is that two 1500 watt heaters in our 31FK could NOT hold comfortable temps in the coach at 25*F outside. I tried and it was a losing battle.

I'm guessing that at 40*F, they might have been able to.

I didn't have enough power to try a third.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #24

sad day, i had to winterize my 29mv for the first time. now its really not new anymore. follow owners manual, pretty easy.
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1152 View Post
sad day, i had to winterize my 29mv for the first time. now its really not new anymore. follow owners manual, pretty easy.
Oooooof - showing a possible low of 28* on Thursday.
I may bring ours out of storage and just plug it in.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #26

got some really cold days coming up sunday monday or i might have done the same thing.
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
Hi,
In the planning on which Class C to buy when wife retires I am getting down to the Greyhawk 30Z and the Entegra Odyssey really being my two favorites.
IDK..With the quality control from Jayco or lack of it, Id be looking at another manufacturer.
Flame suit on.
in the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the wind View Post
IDK..With the quality control from Jayco or lack of it, Id be looking at another manufacturer.
Flame suit on.

Randy...what has a 2005 like yours that’s 14 years old have anything remotely to do with Jayco’s current quality?

The quality of our 2018 has been way above other brands we have owned in the past. Have you looked at the owners satisfaction survey located here on the JOF? Most don’t agree with your assertions.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #29

So far on my maiden voyage I had 2 flickering ceiling puck lights (I wonder if my dealer can just send me new ones?), and the rear inner driver's side tire had a leak at the valve extender (not Jayco's fault). I had to take the coach to a tire shop to get them to remove the extender, and for good measure I had them pull the other side's extender off too.

Other than that, so far so good. Not bad at all quality wise.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Randy...what has a 2005 like yours that’s 14 years old have anything remotely to do with Jayco’s current quality?

The quality of our 2018 has been way above other brands we have owned in the past. Have you looked at the owners satisfaction survey located here on the JOF? Most don’t agree with your assertions.
Ive read dozens of reports of terrible service and/or shoddy workmanship on this forum. Im not complaining about my 2005 GH.
If I were to buy a New MH Jayco wouldn't be on the list,Thats all. JMHO
in the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the wind View Post
Ive read dozens of reports of terrible service and/or shoddy workmanship on this forum. Im not complaining about my 2005 GH.
If I were to buy a New MH Jayco wouldn't be on the list,Thats all. JMHO

Your more than welcome to your opinion. It just doesn’t match the majority of owners. Go to any brands forum and read the complaints. Why is that? People go to vent. The majority who are enjoying their RV’s don’t post. Be very careful picking a brand based on forum post. JMHO
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1152 View Post
got some really cold days coming up sunday monday or i might have done the same thing.

Sunday's low is projected to be 11*F up here.

I have two gallons of RV antifreeze stashed.
I stopped in Wallymart to grab a third and - they're tapped out!

I can make it with two gallons, fortunately.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #33

Thursday morning I cut the grass.........Friday afternoon it was covered with snow.

As far as brands go and what gets posted it's typical to have 10 complaints to one positive. Seems that way about most things in life.

I have been pleased with most reports on Greyhawks and Odyssey's. Greyhawks have had some bad reports but look how many have been made and being used.

I have also been looking at the Winnebago Minnie Winnies also. They're not as fancy inside but what I saw in a vid on how they're made I am impressed with their roof and sidewall joints. They seem to have a very loyal group of owners.

The Jride on the Greyhawks is a huge plus. And in their defense for construction I have never seen or heard of one falling apart on the road.

Trying to decide which Class C to pursue is a real nightmare.........I already have Grey hair
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote