Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2023, 01:04 PM   #21

For others with the same problem, if there is no increased current to the compressor, there is a temperature sensor screwed to the top of the compressor. Mine went bad. Just check it for continuity when cold. Check out "RV Repair Club".
Steve Hhll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 06:31 PM   #22

Smile There is a better way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry103 View Post
15,000, same as last one. Yup, lifting the new one up on the roof was my morning workout lol
That's what sons-in-law are for
Old 08-23-2023, 06:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Old one off was easy! Just make sure no one is close by! Lol
That's what I did. One big push...

Going up, I had two things going for me: an inclined plane and a 21 year old son.
Old 08-24-2023, 12:59 AM   #24

Ac blows warm

Sometimes your air conditioner simply needs to be re booted. Turn it off at the air conditioner, then turn off the breaker and let it sit for a few minutes, then turn on the breaker , then turn the a/c switch on.

It worked on mine
DennisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:44 AM   #25

I had the same issue, just started blowing warm air. Apparently all Freon was gone, replaced whole unit with new one. Luckily it was still under warranty so didn't cost me anything!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:53 AM   #26

What should a new unit cost, roughly?
Colorado Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:32 AM   #27

Pre-pandemic, I paid about $850 for a new Mach 15, no heat strip. Post pandemic??? Geeze. Maybe $1100 guessing.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Greg View Post
What should a new unit cost, roughly?
I bought mine from Beach Audio, $1100 plus tax and $125 freight shipping. Paid using PayPal with 6 month interest free plan. Link below.

https://www.beachaudio.com/coleman-r...p-s-h-p-black/
Dmitry103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:05 AM   #29
TPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
When you stated you hear a humming noise, was the noise, if you could tell, that the compressor is running or just humming and not running?

What I suspect which is fairly common is that you have a bad Capacitor and they are not hard to replace. You would need to turn the power off, take the top cover off the a/c, locate the capacitor, and then get the part number off of it (or you may be able to lookup the correct capacitor based on the A/C model number).

Be sure to disconnect the power first, then with a insulated screwdriver short the terminals of the capacitor as there could be residual power in it, then inspect the capacitor for leakage, bulging, swollen, etc... or just replace it. If you have a capacitor tester that would be the best test but any visual indications would also be valid.

Again, the capacitor is not hard to replace and they commonly fail and will keep the compressor from running and often create a humming sound. ~CA

Perhaps this one, but you need to check what you have already or do a parts lookup to be sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-14995...31401389&psc=1
How do we tell if the compressor is running? Our A C works sometimes and other times it runs and makes a humming noise and blows warm air. When itís cooling we donít hear the humming.
TPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPU View Post
How do we tell if the compressor is running? Our A C works sometimes and other times it runs and makes a humming noise and blows warm air. When it’s cooling we don’t hear the humming.
Generally speaking, there is an audible tone difference when the AC blower only is on vs the blower and the compressor. If you can't determine if the compressor is running simply by the sound of the AC, then you may need to remove the cover (which is required to replace the capacitor(s), checking for dirty coils, and other issues anyway) which would allow you to hear the AC better. In that case have a helper turn on the fan only while you are close to the AC and listening carefully, and then switch over to AC and listen for a difference in sound. If no difference is heard then the compressor is most likely not running (depending on your ability to hear the difference).

Also, you could use a ammeter such as an AC/DC clamp style current and voltage meter available from Amazon and other sources. With it, when clamped around one of the power lines going to the AC, you should see a much higher current value when the compressor is running with the fan compared to the fan only. It is good to have such a meter anyway for most RV electrical troubleshooting. ~CA
Old 05-15-2024, 11:47 AM   #31

Quote:
How do we tell if the compressor is running? Our A C works sometimes and other times it runs and makes a humming noise and blows warm air. When itís cooling we donít hear the humming.
Sometimes when these ac is humming, they are frozen up. This can happen when the filters are plugged up from the lack of cleaning. Take the cover off and look up at the cooling coils and see if its iced up.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:57 AM   #32
TPU

I cleaned the filters and fins about 3 weeks ago.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #33

Sorry did not read the previous reply with the suggestions,
Old 05-15-2024, 12:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayflight 23 View Post
Sorry did not read the previous reply with the suggestions,
However, you did make a great point that it could seem as if the compressor is not running when\if the unit has frozen up which is not all that uncommon with AC's that are not blowing cold. ~CA
Old 05-15-2024, 03:59 PM   #35

Quote:
I cleaned the filters and fins about 3 weeks ago.
Next time itís humming, turn it on high for fan only.
If itís frozen should take about 30 minutes and you may have water dripping from it to clear up the ice, then try it on ac again.
If itís freezing, rv acs are notoriously bad for being sealed between the cold output and the warm air input, which can cause freezing along with the items mentioned in other posts.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 04:16 PM   #36
TPU

Thanks we will see what happens.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:50 PM   #37

Just pull the inside unit down. Make sure the divider is in place and has not fell down. Make sure the sensor is in place on one of the fins. It’s one wire with a metal end. If that is good than u have a problem.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 07:29 PM   #38

Typically a humming noise with the evap/condenser fan running, accompanied by a lack of cold air usually 20 degrees difference between inlet and outlet (get a good digital meat thermometer) means a bad capacitor.
Since most only have a run capacitor they are usually 7-15 dollars depending on whether or not it is a single capacitor for the compressor of a dual for the compressor and evaporate/condenser fan motor
Change it and see what happens using the precautions that were mention by someone else in the thread
I would also install a hard start kit that will help it when it is hot out
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote