Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #11

We got ours out of the shop (again) where it spent an additional three weeks having the shower replaced (buckled floor/wouldn't drain properly). We think we might have reached the point of getting all the 'new rig' bugs corrected. We'll take our third trip in it next week for our annual Matagorda Bay adventure. The rig drives well, although after four months' ownership, we're somewhat disappointed with the Jayco design and build quality compared to the Thor Class A we traded in last March. Don't get me wrong; it is what it is and we're satisfied because it rides great and pulls our motorcycle/trailer combo as though it is not there. Really like the Ford engine/drivetrain, although it can be a bit loud on some of the steeper hills we've encountered. We've adjusted to the limited storage compared to the 'A' MH, but still getting used to the few available electrical outlets in the living area. The layout perfectly suits us, although, I doubt that we'll consider Jayco if we go to another MH. In my opinion, Jayco trailers/fith wheels are where the bang for the buck lies. The motorhomes not so much...

Old 07-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #12

Yes, I've read of your troubles. Did you get yours from Camping World or a Jayco dealer?

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #13

Purchased from Jayco dealer, Crestview RV in Buda, TX.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #14

Ugh.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #15

I bet that the all Fiberglass roof on the 16 would be nice..sigh, but our Rubber Roof on the 15 should hold up well I hope...our old A had the rubber roof.
When we left our 93 31 ft. Southwind Class A to our new Greyhawk...the change was huge..some good some bad...the overall quality of materials on our 22 yr. old A were better in my opinion..of course all the latest greatest bells and whistles on our new 29mv help to overcome some of that...
"Love the one your with" tune comes to mind.
StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #16

My salesman called the factory to confirm the 1000w inverter. I noticed while looking online at some dealers that showed the MSRP sheet for their units that some showed both a 1000w inverter on the standard column and also a 400w inverter on the options column as part of the Customer Value Pkg. it is confusing. Their is no info about 2016 Greyhawks on the Jayco site or any brochures out yet.
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMike View Post
Congratulations LI-Camper! Enjoy
JulieMike, Thanks. We traveled thru Wisconsin last summer to Lancaster, WI to visit relatives after driving thru the UP.
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-Camper View Post
My salesman called the factory to confirm the 1000w inverter. I noticed while looking online at some dealers that showed the MSRP sheet for their units that some showed both a 1000w inverter on the standard column and also a 400w inverter on the options column as part of the Customer Value Pkg. it is confusing. Their is no info about 2016 Greyhawks on the Jayco site or any brochures out yet.
Interesting. Very interesting.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #19

Mine has a 1k watt inverter too. Another nice surprise.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #20

We were told that they advertise the inverter as 400 watts, even though it's actually a 1,000 watt... and, they only run it to one outlet, rather than the usual 4 or 5 outlets. And, the one outlet that is on the inverter can't be used when moving (or with the engine running), without being modified by the customer.

The Jayco design team must have been on some serious medications...

2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote