Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #21

Oh. That changes a lot. Actually for me it doesn't change much - I never dry camp.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #22

Two 6v batteries installed in a 29MV

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevWb View Post
òWe are on our first trip in our new 2015 Greyhawk 29mv...all the faucets were clogged with debris first off....the little aereator screens had white like crap like styrofoam balls in them...poor quality control ?
Anyways a question was asked about House Battery....one # 27 12v. battery in slide out tray...pretty anemic setup I feel...
Our old A had two 6v. golf cart batteries....so the one 12v. is history...had two 6v. installed in compartment next to 12v. tray compartment....we like this setup much better..Dry camping or boondocking or even one night with one 12v. battery is a very lame setup I feel....one cannot always anticipate nor choose to be on shore power all the time...
We like our Greyhawk 29mv a lot..but are making it more tuned to our needs...eg. had a internally wired surge protector installed. Slide toppers on both slides to keep debris out....steel wheels on back of hitch for bottoming prevention..
The wires for the 12v. heating system on the water tanks were really poorly installed at factory...Jayco does a really poor job on details like wiring hanging sloppy on and under tanks...I feel.
Exterior storage is half of our old Class A....so we make do with less stuff, but the tradeoff for our new C vs. the old A is worth the difference to us..
The ride is exceptional and comfortable...the new A's are too tall for our covered parking space...
Its a mixed bag of quality in some places and shoddy cheap materials in other places...like the vent covers under the fridge and stove are flimsy garbage to say the least...
Thats my honest assesment of our new Greyhawk..warts and all...
oh overall...we love our 29mv..thanks for listening to my review....
Could you post a photo showing the two 6v batteries installed? Any instructions or tips would be great also.
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #23

I need to find on the forum how to post pics..
StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevWb View Post
I need to find on the forum how to post pics..
---------------------------
Steve.... First click "Go "Advanced" on the Reply.

See the paperclip next to the white smiley face? Click on the paperclip. then a new small window appears with "Manage Attachments".
Click on Browse button.

Files/pictures on your computer popup. Then select the pic and then click "open" at bottom of pic you're going to upload. Then upload.

Next, click paperclip next to white smiley face (after you've uploaded), and you'll see "Manage Attachments" (again) with the picture jpg file you just uploaded. click on pic you uploaded and Wala! You'll see [ATTACH] .....[ATTACH]... Then click "preview".

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDog bad day.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	19029

Hope this helped.

S/
Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #25

Can anyone that owns a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV know how deep the two slides are? I am trying calculate the total overall outside width of the 2016 MV to see if it will fit in my RV carport with both slides extended. I would appreciate anyone's knowledge on the subject.
Thanks
Butch C
Butch C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:27 AM   #26

I have a 29MV under my RV carport, both slides will come out fully, however, my carport is 18' wide. I know that's not what you asked but, I think the best way to see if they will fully extend without really measuring anything is to pull or back in as close to the passenger side as you want and have someone watch the slides as you extend them.
mralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch C View Post
Can anyone that owns a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV know how deep the two slides are? I am trying calculate the total overall outside width of the 2016 MV to see if it will fit in my RV carport with both slides extended. I would appreciate anyone's knowledge on the subject.
Thanks
Butch C
Answer is 1 ft 11 in.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #28

Thanks GrayHawk51. The 29MV is suppose to be 100 inches wide. So adding another 23 inches makes it 123 inches or 10' 3". Does that sound right?
Butch C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch C View Post
Thanks GrayHawk51. The 29MV is suppose to be 100 inches wide. So adding another 23 inches makes it 123 inches or 10' 3". Does that sound right?
After extending the slideouts, and measuring the Awning and the topper extensions, you will need 11 ft wide. That gives you a few inches to "snuggle" into the carport and opening the slideouts.

S/
Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.