Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #11

Towing Capacity

We are in the process of ordering a 2015 TS also. The literature and sales person indicated 10,000 lbs would be no problem for towing. Is this accurate? We are towing antique motorcycles in a 20 foot alum. trailer or horses in a alum. 3 horse trailer.

meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerjohnc View Post
We are in the process of ordering a 2015 TS also. The literature and sales person indicated 10,000 lbs would be no problem for towing.
That is a primary reason that I am considering a 37TS.

Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #13

I have a 2015 37 RB and Just returned from 2,500 Mile Trip.

Fuel 7.5 - 8.5 Towing 6,300 lb Car at 65-72 MPH.
Tows Fine. Car doesn't effect handling at all.
Engine Noise is Minimal till the Electric fan kicks on at 210 degrees. Cools Engine off quickly but roars very loud!

Steering is Wonderful. I fought a 40 Foot Pusher for Years. I drive this with one hand and no longer hesitate with wind or big trucks on the road.

Power is adequate but not impressive. It will lug just like the big trucks on grades.

I have 3,500 miles now. My list of service issues though seems extensive for a new unit. I would highly recommend if you buy one to allow lots of time on inspection and delivery. For me I chose an out of state dealer because my local dealer was 30K away from another dealer close to the factory. If doing it again I would go through the pre-inspection and delivery with as much time/days as it takes and then drive to the nearest camp ground and use it, and then drive back to the dealer and make all the corrections you can. I was very pleased with the dealer but the coach itself had quality issues which should have been fixed before delivery.
Exec-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #14

Good discussion here.

You will not have any trouble towing up to the recommended 10K, however you will slow down on hills as Exec-40 stated in his post.

I am hoping my fuel mileage increases as the unit breaks in I, I have the same 6.7 Cummins in my 2012 Dodge Ram and I have experienced some increase in mileage. I am looking forward to driving with out towing, I have a trip planned in the future just towing a small trailer with a Razr so we sill see how well it does with that.

I transitioned from a large 5th wheel ( roughly the same unloaded weight Truck and Trailer) and like the simple set-up at arrival and "getting ready to go" with the Super C and am looking forward to future adventures.
kbaum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #15

Oscar Mike - Have you decided on a year yet?
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerjohnc View Post
Oscar Mike - Have you decided on a year yet?
I leaning towards the 2014 model year, only because of a possible close-out deal that I am hoping for.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #17

Oscar Mike, you should be able to talk them down into the high 150 range. I know my deal began around 158, after trade, tax, title and all that jazz I was out the door at 169. I probably could have worked a better deal but did not want to get too greedy.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULazy2 View Post
Oscar Mike, you should be able to talk them down into the high 150 range. I know my deal began around 158, after trade, tax, title and all that jazz I was out the door at 169. I probably could have worked a better deal but did not want to get too greedy.
That's kind of where I was hoping for. Right now the dealer is fixated on the high 170s and won't budge...so I have to wait and see.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exec-40 View Post
I would highly recommend if you buy one to allow lots of time on inspection and delivery. For me I chose an out of state dealer because my local dealer was 30K away from another dealer close to the factory. If doing it again I would go through the pre-inspection and delivery with as much time/days as it takes and then drive to the nearest camp ground and use it, and then drive back to the dealer and make all the corrections you can. I was very pleased with the dealer but the coach itself had quality issues which should have been fixed before delivery.
I am doing my best to work with my local dealer, because after owning 2 other new motor homes in the last 3 1/2 years I know what the warranty means in terms of value. I have a quote from the internet dealer, but I'll lose out on dependable service by building a relationship with my local dealer.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #20

Exec. 40. We will be taking delivery of our 37TS in the next few weeks. If you don't mind, what kind of issues did you have that we should be on the look out for during our walk through? TIA.

firedog is offline   Reply With Quote