Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #1

Considering a 2015 Seneca 37TS

I really like the Class C body style, I currently drive a 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J. We have decided to spend more time on the road so we would like a larger coach. I have also owned a Class A (2010 Fleetwood Bounder 33U) and frankly I didn't like driving the Class A.

I am wondering if Seneca Owners would chime in and convey their thoughts on their Seneca coaches. I am considering a 2014/15 37TS. We like the floor plan that the Seneca triple slide offers.

Some of my questions are:
How does it tow? I tow a Jeep Wrangler and my Winnebago gets the job done, but with some effort.
How is the engine noise while driving?
How is the ride/steering?

Thanks in advance.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #2

Nice to drive. Noise of engine less than ford v10. Towing a jeep or more don't know it is there.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #3

Bought a 2014 2 months ago have used full time since then.

Only trip had been 700 mile trip all toading a modified 2013 wrangler JKU. Power is adequate fuel mileage was 7.5-8 mpg. I have an appointment at Freightliner to address a couple of issues (not huge) dealing with air brakes, cruise control, and tsb's. Drives well the engine noise is not excessive.

As far as the coach it is comfortable to stay within a few small issues (I expect some with a new unit). The only design issue I have is with the slide out pantry, I may be the only one with this issue based on my recent post requesting feedback from other 37ts owners.

Overall happy with this unit.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #4

Love mine. I would get a cramp in between my shoulder blades when I drove my class A...I am much more comfortable driving the truck. The engine noise is not bad at all, the wife and I enjoy ours because the slide setup (and where we put the kids) cuts out almost all their conversation noise which allows us to carry on normal conversations (normal as they can be when you are driving through beautiful vistas enroute to a destination where you know people are going to welcome and accept you for who you are not what you drive). I normally tow my Mazda 2 but have gone up to 6000 pounds. When at the higher weighs there is a little motion when you are being passed, but the pull is not bad at all (admittedly, this could be a combination of factors from alignment to tire pressure). All in all we could not be happier with our coach, it is so much better than the one we had before.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #5

Thank you for the replies. I am 90% convinced, I would like to compare the 2015 product enhancements before I decide. I am looking forward to Jayco updating their web page to show the 2015 models.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:20 AM   #6

All I can tell you about the 2015 is, they are selling so fast that they can't get one for the display area at the JAYCO visitor's center. Just there 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #7

There ae a few differences between the 15's and the 14's, mostly cosmetic. The shower heads are different, the 15 has an aerating shower head. There is a solid surface counter in the bathroom vanity with an undermount sink in the 15, not like that in the 14's and earlier. There is a change in the location of the keyless entry on the coach door, I cannot confirm if the manufacturer changed but the location definitely changed from the door to the door handle. There is a new paint scheme for 15. The TV cabinet has been changed and the location of some of the TV switches...beyond these things, I have not noticed any difference, other than the price increase.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #8

Those are not significant changes from 2014 to 2015. I would be more interested if the mechanics had any significant changes. Currently I am looking at a unit at a local dealer and watching for a closeout deal, I am hoping to get lucky.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #9

We just ordered a 2015 37TS hoping to get it by the end of this month. Very excited. Went with it because of lay out and slides not to mention the the freightliner with Cummings engine, have been driving a 31' fleetwood with V-10, hot in the front of the cab.
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #10

we have the 14 37ts. We love it. We pull a Hyundai elantra and don't even know its back there. Cab is fairly quiet and the chairs are great on a long drive. Very easy to drive. I think you would be happy with your selection. We get around 7.5-9mpg going 65. We are headed out to the east coast this week for a couple weeks. Looking at around 4000 miles round trip. Have fun with your selection!
oilslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #11

Towing Capacity

We are in the process of ordering a 2015 TS also. The literature and sales person indicated 10,000 lbs would be no problem for towing. Is this accurate? We are towing antique motorcycles in a 20 foot alum. trailer or horses in a alum. 3 horse trailer.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerjohnc View Post
We are in the process of ordering a 2015 TS also. The literature and sales person indicated 10,000 lbs would be no problem for towing.
That is a primary reason that I am considering a 37TS.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #13

I have a 2015 37 RB and Just returned from 2,500 Mile Trip.

Fuel 7.5 - 8.5 Towing 6,300 lb Car at 65-72 MPH.
Tows Fine. Car doesn't effect handling at all.
Engine Noise is Minimal till the Electric fan kicks on at 210 degrees. Cools Engine off quickly but roars very loud!

Steering is Wonderful. I fought a 40 Foot Pusher for Years. I drive this with one hand and no longer hesitate with wind or big trucks on the road.

Power is adequate but not impressive. It will lug just like the big trucks on grades.

I have 3,500 miles now. My list of service issues though seems extensive for a new unit. I would highly recommend if you buy one to allow lots of time on inspection and delivery. For me I chose an out of state dealer because my local dealer was 30K away from another dealer close to the factory. If doing it again I would go through the pre-inspection and delivery with as much time/days as it takes and then drive to the nearest camp ground and use it, and then drive back to the dealer and make all the corrections you can. I was very pleased with the dealer but the coach itself had quality issues which should have been fixed before delivery.
Exec-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #14

Good discussion here.

You will not have any trouble towing up to the recommended 10K, however you will slow down on hills as Exec-40 stated in his post.

I am hoping my fuel mileage increases as the unit breaks in I, I have the same 6.7 Cummins in my 2012 Dodge Ram and I have experienced some increase in mileage. I am looking forward to driving with out towing, I have a trip planned in the future just towing a small trailer with a Razr so we sill see how well it does with that.

I transitioned from a large 5th wheel ( roughly the same unloaded weight Truck and Trailer) and like the simple set-up at arrival and "getting ready to go" with the Super C and am looking forward to future adventures.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #15

Oscar Mike - Have you decided on a year yet?
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerjohnc View Post
Oscar Mike - Have you decided on a year yet?
I leaning towards the 2014 model year, only because of a possible close-out deal that I am hoping for.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #17

Oscar Mike, you should be able to talk them down into the high 150 range. I know my deal began around 158, after trade, tax, title and all that jazz I was out the door at 169. I probably could have worked a better deal but did not want to get too greedy.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULazy2 View Post
Oscar Mike, you should be able to talk them down into the high 150 range. I know my deal began around 158, after trade, tax, title and all that jazz I was out the door at 169. I probably could have worked a better deal but did not want to get too greedy.
That's kind of where I was hoping for. Right now the dealer is fixated on the high 170s and won't budge...so I have to wait and see.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exec-40 View Post
I would highly recommend if you buy one to allow lots of time on inspection and delivery. For me I chose an out of state dealer because my local dealer was 30K away from another dealer close to the factory. If doing it again I would go through the pre-inspection and delivery with as much time/days as it takes and then drive to the nearest camp ground and use it, and then drive back to the dealer and make all the corrections you can. I was very pleased with the dealer but the coach itself had quality issues which should have been fixed before delivery.
I am doing my best to work with my local dealer, because after owning 2 other new motor homes in the last 3 1/2 years I know what the warranty means in terms of value. I have a quote from the internet dealer, but I'll lose out on dependable service by building a relationship with my local dealer.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #20

Exec. 40. We will be taking delivery of our 37TS in the next few weeks. If you don't mind, what kind of issues did you have that we should be on the look out for during our walk through? TIA.
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote