Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Where do you stand w/ your rig’s CCC?
Redhawk - Weighed it, I’m UNDER CCC 3 21.43%
Redhawk - Weighed it, I’m OVER CCC 0 0%
Redhawk - Don’t care / What yellow sticker? 1 7.14%
Greyhawk - Weighed it, I’m UNDER CCC 6 42.86%
Greyhawk - Weighed it, I’m OVER CCC 0 0%
Greyhawk - Don’t care / What yellow sticker? 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2021, 02:28 PM   #1

Consolidated CCC Thread

So, per the poll above I’m looking to see where we stand on CCC in our Jayco Class ‘C’ rigs.

We can then infer how many people actually take into account the yellow sticker.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #2

I know what the yellow sticker is for and where it is, but frankly with our family, we simply could NOT have left the driveway.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I know what the yellow sticker is for and where it is, but frankly with our family, we simply could NOT have left the driveway.
I wonder what the differences are (other than what is obvious of course), mine says I have 1994 lbs of CCC which I haven't ever exceeded (although I only weighed it twice since I purchased it), but it makes me think (based on the similar thread to this one) that I am missing something in my RV that I should have which in turn gives me more ccc.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
We don't have to worry about the yellow sticker in our 2021 Redhawk SE 22A nor have we weighed it. Our CCC is a tremendous 3927 lbs.

I would have to load a bunch of lead pigs to exceed the CCC.

But I will get around to weighing it so I can adjust the tire pressures.
Demco Stay n Play
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #5

Don't mean to "dumb it down" but thought I'd clarify some things for those who may not be familiar with the weight ratings. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) on the Redhawk, Greyhawk, and Entegra Odyssey motorhomes is 14,500 pounds, regardless of the floorplan. The cargo carrying capacity (CCC) is essentially the difference between the 14,500 limit and the weight of the motorhome when it's shipped out with a full tank of gas and propane. Since the longer models are obviously heavier than the shorter floorplan models, you lose a lot of CCC with the longer motorhomes. I would guess that the majority of those who tend to exceed the CCC are in the longer versions since they have much lower CCC ratings than the 22 and 24 models.
Hilltopper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #6

Right, however the shorter motorhomes can also go over their RAWR, even though overall they might be under their CCC. Different topic, though obviously related.

Don’t ask me how I know this important lesson ...

Old 02-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #7

We have a lot of activity on this forum but not so much on this thread. I wonder if I should have made the poll anonymous so people felt better telling us if they’re running heavy ....

Old 02-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
We have a lot of activity on this forum but not so much on this thread. I wonder if I should have made the poll anonymous so people felt better telling us if they’re running heavy ....

I think there are those who have no idea what CCC means, or where the sticker is. You could have made it all inclusive to include TT's and 5th wheels.

Years ago at an RV show we were looking at Teton 5th wheels, which ran on the very heavy side. One "Lightweight" one we looked at had a GVWR about 17,0000 pounds. The empty weight was listed as 16,200 pounds. The CCC showed a weight of only 800 pounds! When I told the salesman that was ridiculous he just smile and said "No one pays any attention to the CCC sticker". We just walked away.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
I think there are those who have no idea what CCC means, or where the sticker is. You could have made it all inclusive to include TT's and 5th wheels.

Years ago at an RV show we were looking at Teton 5th wheels, which ran on the very heavy side. One "Lightweight" one we looked at had a GVWR about 17,0000 pounds. The empty weight was listed as 16,200 pounds. The CCC showed a weight of only 800 pounds! When I told the salesman that was ridiculous he just smile and said "No one pays any attention to the CCC sticker". We just walked away.
Thanks for responding. I kept it to Class C’s, because they are notorious for being porky. And unlike travel trailers and 5’ers, the passengers directly count against that carrying capacity, often exasperating the problem.

Currently I’m debating getting back into the game, and if I do I’m down to a Greyhawk 29MV or a Redhawk 29XK. To be honest, I like the simplicity of the 29XK more (one less slide) and that pass thru in the back is awesome for a Class ‘C’. Its also actually useable as the 29XK has decent carrying capacity for what it is. However, we do like the nice upgrades on the Greyhawk, but I know full well I’ll give back ~1k pounds of CCC to get it. And I’d really like to not worry a great deal about what I’m packing for a change.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Thanks for responding. I kept it to Class C’s, because they are notorious for being porky. And unlike travel trailers and 5’ers, the passengers directly count against that carrying capacity, often exasperating the problem.

Currently I’m debating getting back into the game, and if I do I’m down to a Greyhawk 29MV or a Redhawk 29XK. To be honest, I like the simplicity of the 29XK more (one less slide) and that pass thru in the back is awesome for a Class ‘C’. Its also actually useable as the 29XK has decent carrying capacity for what it is. However, we do like the nice upgrades on the Greyhawk, but I know full well I’ll give back ~1k pounds of CCC to get it. And I’d really like to not worry a great deal about what I’m packing for a change.
Just a thought to share, I thought that Jayco quit making the floorplan in mine (31SS) however I later found that the newer (newer than mine) Redhawk 29XK has the same exact floor plan as mine has (or extremely close to the same floor plan). I really like that floor plan and when traveling you can get to everything without needing to slide your slideouts and can also walk around the bed without crawling over anything or anybody. I would go for the RedHawk 29XK (over the Greyhawk 29MV) if I was in the market for a new Class C. ~CA
Old 03-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Just a thought to share, I thought that Jayco quit making the floorplan in mine (31SS) however I later found that the newer (newer than mine) Redhawk 29XK has the same exact floor plan as mine has (or extremely close to the same floor plan). I really like that floor plan and when traveling you can get to everything without needing to slide your slideouts and can also walk around the bed without crawling over anything or anybody. I would go for the RedHawk 29XK (over the Greyhawk 29MV) if I was in the market for a new Class C. ~CA
I have a 2019 XK and I love it. I agree that the floorplan is amazingly functional! Love the pass thru storage on rear with 3 access doors. I added the automatic levelers and still have plenty of ccc. I feel the XK gives you so much more without sacrificing much. I installed a TV in the bedroom as it has a place ready for one on the wall. I highly recommend this model.
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #12

Bump

Old 03-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #13

FYI, here are the axle weights for my 2018 29MV from a recent trip. This is with 2 adults in the cab, 3/4 tank of fuel, 3/4 propane and 1/3 fresh water. Otherwise, it was fully loaded as usual for our trips:

Front axle: 4,650 lbs
Rear axle: 9,200 lbs

Total: 13,850 lbs

Cheers,

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchout View Post
FYI, here are the axle weights for my 2018 29MV from a recent trip. This is with 2 adults in the cab, 3/4 tank of fuel, 3/4 propane and 1/3 fresh water. Otherwise, it was fully loaded as usual for our trips:

Front axle: 4,650 lbs
Rear axle: 9,200 lbs

Total: 13,850 lbs

Cheers,
That’s amazing to me. I’ve looked at quite a few MV stickers over the last 7 years and I’ve owned one in the past. I don’t know what your yellow sticker shows, but you’ve nailed it. I wish I could be so lucky - I travel with 4 so I’m at a disadvantage right out of the gate.

Its amazing how much things weigh; I see the pile of things I need to put back in my camper when it gets here - and even though I’ve gone through it dozens of times over the years with an eye to weight I still wonder what I can do without.