Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #1

Convection microwave

Comparing the convection microwave we had in our Winnebago to the one in our Seneca the Jayco unit fell far short. Finding the boiling water test to determine it's wattage on the internet my unit is a litter better that 500 watts, and that's on the highest power setting. Our unit worked fine but took way to long to heat up and then as long as an oven to bake.

Yesterday I was in an RV surplus store and they had new 1500 watt units for $125.00 When I replace the one in my Winne. with the same model it was over 600 bucks. Needless to say last night my wife and I replaced our unit and tried it out. All i can say is happy wife happy life.

The store is Pleasure Land Surplus. Brainerd, MN.

2017 37rb
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

Can't say that I have run the boiling water test... but can say that ours is first class - based on a different testing methodology.

First... We Love Rico's frozen burritos. They are only available in our local market. (Search Ricobrand.com on google - because if I try to link a non SSL URL on the forum it will not work) They are always overcooked when we use the Seneca's MWave, but the unit in the house is just right. The same is sorta the same with a big Stoffurs family size Lasagne for a bunch of people, or even a couple of hot-pockets.

As far as the convection oven part... that has been a learning experience for us. Granted I don't need to read the manual - and still have not (prolly never will) and we have made some killer corn-bread in that oven and did some Costco Pork ribs too... It is a bit noisy but we are learning to like this!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
The store is Pleasure Land Surplus. Brainerd, MN.

2017 37rb
How long are you going to be in the Twin Cities? We plan to arrive at Mystic lake on 9/30!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:54 AM   #4

Be gone by then, Dr appointment in Texas late Sept. Use to stay there a lot nice campground, but our friends who lived near by sold there home and went full time.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote