Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
handydandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 8
Converted my B&W rear view camera to color

I recently found out that our 2008 Jayco Melbourne already had a color monitor from Jayco factory. I could not get use to the B & W monitor so I had been enquiring about buying a whole new rear view system and sent a picture of both my camera & monitor to Tim at RV Cams in Baton Rouge, LA. He quickly noticed our Voyager monitor could be also be used as a color monitor by simply replacing the B&W camera to the proper color camera. I found it strange that Jayco would go cheap and use a B&W camera. I trusted Tim and ordered the camera he had recommended; a VCMS155/VCMS155B, Voyager's Newest Full-Feature Color Backup Camera. I ordered it online from RV Cams and the total cost was only $160.00 including tax and free shipping. It was very simple to install. I simply removed the old one, pulled out the cable and it plugged right into the existing motorhome's cable. The new bracket was exactly the same, I used the same holes to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
Voyager rear camera.jpg   Voyager Monitor (1).jpg   20190125_152445.jpg   20190225_150952.jpg   20190225_150242.jpg  

handydandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:18 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Salsbury
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by handydandy View Post
I recently found out that our 2008 Jayco Melbourne already had a color monitor from Jayco factory. I could not get use to the B & W monitor so I had been enquiring about buying a whole new rear view system and sent a picture of both my camera & monitor to Tim at RV Cams in Baton Rouge, LA. He quickly noticed our Voyager monitor could be also be used as a color monitor by simply replacing the B&W camera to the proper color camera. I found it strange that Jayco would go cheap and use a B&W camera. I trusted Tim and ordered the camera he had recommended; a VCMS155/VCMS155B, Voyager's Newest Full-Feature Color Backup Camera. I ordered it online from RV Cams and the total cost was only $160.00 including tax and free shipping. It was very simple to install. I simply removed the old one, pulled out the cable and it plugged right into the existing motorhome's cable. The new bracket was exactly the same, I used the same holes to mount it.
Can you please provide the instructions for this upgrade and which color monitor you purchased. Great job!!!!! Peace, Louis Grossi and I own a 2007 Jayco Melbourne 29C with the very same black & white antique backup camera. Your information and help would be greatly appreciated.
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by handydandy View Post
I recently found out that our 2008 Jayco Melbourne already had a color monitor from Jayco factory. I could not get use to the B & W monitor so I had been enquiring about buying a whole new rear view system and sent a picture of both my camera & monitor to Tim at RV Cams in Baton Rouge, LA. He quickly noticed our Voyager monitor could be also be used as a color monitor by simply replacing the B&W camera to the proper color camera. I found it strange that Jayco would go cheap and use a B&W camera. I trusted Tim and ordered the camera he had recommended; a VCMS155/VCMS155B, Voyager's Newest Full-Feature Color Backup Camera. I ordered it online from RV Cams and the total cost was only $160.00 including tax and free shipping. It was very simple to install. I simply removed the old one, pulled out the cable and it plugged right into the existing motorhome's cable. The new bracket was exactly the same, I used the same holes to mount it.
Now if you can just get the camera to project right side up!
__________________


2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:35 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
handydandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset117 View Post
Can you please provide the instructions for this upgrade and which color monitor you purchased. Great job!!!!! Peace, Louis Grossi and I own a 2007 Jayco Melbourne 29C with the very same black & white antique backup camera. Your information and help would be greatly appreciated.

I replied to your message earlier today, had trouble sending it. Let me know if not received

Andy
handydandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:38 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Salsbury
Posts: 2
No response Andy - Didn't make it. Thank you for not giving up.

Hi Andy,
Still nothing. Can you send your response to my email address louisgrossi@ymail.com Thank you for your help. Peace, Lou Grossi



Quote:
Originally Posted by handydandy View Post
I replied to your message earlier today, had trouble sending it. Let me know if not received

Andy
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.