Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2020, 07:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
A quick guess, since clear water came out, it wasn't completely Winterized correctly, and antifreeze wasn't pumped into all of the lines. That "clear" water coming out of the low point drains should have been "pink". Sounds like some freezing issues.... considering your water filter cracked/leaked...
Yes! The water filter casing was cracked right off! I wonder if anything else is cracked. The entire gray water pipe thing fell right on the ground under my rig
adventuregurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:19 PM   #22

Here are my broken pieces so far
Attached Thumbnails
49280.jpg   15878638854327179299722379023724.jpg  
adventuregurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
You don't blow out the water if installing anti freeze. You pump antifreeze in and it pushes the water out. All lines have anti freeze. That's why I don't blow and drain. I pump antifreeze and never have a problem.
Actually, some of us blow out the lines with air before pumping in antifreeze. This way, the water in the lines doesn't dilute the antifreeze, and we know the lines are definitely protected for the full low temps, and not wondering about the water/antifreeze mix.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #24

I believe if it was winterized with the pink stuff, you are not suppose to leave the filter cartridge in anyway. As usual sounds like another fine job done by a really fine Dealer! I removed my interior water filter but did not delete it with a bypass hose. I leave it in place and only blow air through my lines and only Put pink in sinks, grey and black tanks But not my lines or the freshwater tank, but We don’t do much winter storage or winter camping. We live in a warm climate but sometimes travel up north in December and have to winterize For short term storage. I would do as others have said; check fittings first and get rid of that filter and just filter from the outside. But just remember to remove the Filter and canister if you don’t delete it. And I would hold the dealer responsible. Good luck. And try not to get to upset. Anything can be fixed, life is short!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #25

I've never used the house filter. No cartridge in there. I leave it empty and just use a filter on the hose coming into the RV. My house filter is in a very inconvenient place to get to. I can see it gets full of the pink stuff and don't worry about it. Did the same in all my RVs over the years. Never a problem.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote