Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #1

Crazy weekend..

Spent the weekend in Kerrville TX doing a family reunion. Saturday night was CRAZY. Had a tornado warning go off in the middle of the night. Good thing is that the circulation was about 12 miles south of us, however we got an INSANE amount of rain and wind. My rear slide leaked a little, but for that amount and it coming blowing from the side, I dont think it would have done that in "regular" rain. It was bad enough that the water was able to penetrate the seal to the furnace and it got on the circuit board. I thought it was shot, but after I tore it down and blew it all out, it came back to life. Everything else survived pretty well. However the worst part of the weekend came at cleanup time. I have always dumped directly to a sewer system so never actually saw the stuff in the pipe. Out at the ranch I was at, the owner said it would be fine if I dumped my greys out on the field. We had a few showers so our greys were getting full and I needed to dump if I could. I can hold the blacks until I got home. So I went hung out the hose and pulled the grey handle. Seconds later I saw a dark water and shreds of paper coming out the end. Thanks Jayco for putting the colored handles on the wrong valves. I really enjoyed using a rake and cleaning up tp and what not. I did realize that in the thick Texas air and crazy crosswinds made for bad gas mileage and it having a hard time keeping anything over 70. Normally here in NM, I can get 10 MPG doing about 72-73. In TX, I was only able to get about 7.5 for the same speed.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
TLC

Glad all ended up ok. Got a laugh about the black-water though. That's all you can do..
i'm color-blind so it's happened to me before.

Tim
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #3

That's a pretty funny story about the black tank as it definitely sounds like something that would happen to me. As someone on here said to me, I'll bet you NEVER make that mistake again and have learned a whole lot about your rig!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #4

WOW. I didnt realize that the handles were different colors. Was worried that when the stickers fell off I was going to have a hard time remembering which was which. Live and learn.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress View Post
WOW. I didnt realize that the handles were different colors. Was worried that when the stickers fell off I was going to have a hard time remembering which was which. Live and learn.
Don't worry... the two colors are IMPOSSIBLE to tell apart in the dark with an LED Flashlight shining on them. Totally impossible.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #6

Yep, have had the furnace develop problems in the rain. After the first time you just learn to pull the fuse and dry out after the storm. I removed the half cup holding the outside shower head in the wet locker and just had it in a compartment. Made cover for furnace vent the second time with that half cup. Hope it works better than my first attempt.

We've learned that when a big storm is coming, bring the slides in. Those slide toppers are half the noise. Also if slides are in before rain, the water isn't on the sides of the slides draining onto the floor or carpet.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #7

I have a 2016 T's and noticed that the grey and black stickers on the panel are reversed...
Fatdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
...Thanks Jayco for putting the colored handles on the wrong valves. I really enjoyed using a rake and cleaning up tp and what not.
Typical of unskilled labor which seems to be the norm for the RV construction industry.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Typical of unskilled labor which seems to be the norm for the RV construction industry.
I'd guess I'd have indicted QA. I'll bet there's some QC done on the units but perhaps checking handle color isn't on their checklist.

Mine are both black - and have labels on the unit.
Black's in front - so I use "Front First" as a jingle.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote