Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #41

Truma tankless water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Gaffer75, something doesn't seem right with your hot water system. Do you get the same results at all faucet locations? The Truma system should either work correctly or not at all. Did you buy your coach new so that you are the original owner? If so it seems like it should still be under warranty since it's a 2018. If that's the case contact Jayco Motorized CS and work with them. If you explain the issue and are civil about it they are usually very accommodating.
If you identified this issue while it was under warranty and it hasn't been fixed to your satisfaction you may still be able to have them resolve it even if your warranty period has expired. If you are not the original owner or if it wasn't discovered during the warranty period then it's all on your dime.
Each faucet operates independently with a hot and cold handle which allows the user to mix hot and cold water as desired. There is no overall hot and cold water mixer valve that I am aware of. It seems unlikely that every faucet would have an issue with getting hot water to it. Did Truma troubleshoot this over the phone or were they on site?
I would not give up if I were you. You paid a good chunk of change for your coach and you were willing to upgrade with the Truma Comfort kit. There has to be a good reason why it's not working properly.
I originally had the Girard and Jayco agreed to change it out to the Truma Comfort model when I brought my coach to the factory for some other warranty repairs. It's night and day difference and works just like at home. I've read where others have had Jayco agree to installing a regular 6 or 10 gallon WH so give it another shot. You will never be happy with the setup you have now. Good luck to you.
I bought this 2018 PRECEPT 29V in October 2018 so should still be under warranty.
Truma did the troubleshooting over the phone. There is no authorized Truma repair anywhere near where I am spending the winter.
The water problem is at every faucet including outside kitchen. I am from Illinois and intend on stopping at either Truma or Jayco on the way home. My awning is broken so may go to Jayco first. I have already reported the troubles with this rig to them so it's documented.
Not only was this RV expensive but the cost of changing the Truma Basic to Comfort was another $1000.
You are correct in that I will never be happy with this. I lost my wife in an rv accident in August 2018 and she definitely wouldn't like this at all.
Thanks for your reply and I will try to get this fixed. My other option is quit camping that we loved for so many years and sell off this thing.
Gaffer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:10 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer75 View Post
I lost my wife in an rv accident in August 2018

I'm so sorry for your loss.
It has to be hard.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #43

Truma tankless water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It has to be hard.
Thanks for your condolences. Yes it is extremely hard especially since we were in our 52nd year of marriage. Our boys convinced me that I should continue camping like we did for years. Purchasing an expensive RV that's messed up only makes matters worse for me. Thanks again and God bless you and stay safe.
Gaffer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer75 View Post
Purchasing an expensive RV that's messed up only makes matters worse for me.

I can only imagine.

I think I can understand the boy's intentions, but unless you're into a gosh-darn project, which this RV sounds like's it going to be - I don't know if I'd have the constitution to stay with this one.

Might be time to close this chapter and turn the page to a new one.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:06 AM   #45

Gaffer75, I too am very sorry for your loss. You have been married for a few years more than me but I'm not too far behind. If you truly enjoy the lifestyle I say hang in there. I would advise very strongly that if you are considering stopping in Middlebury, IN you will need to make an appointment and unfortunately by now it will be several months out unless they can squeeze you in somehow.
Perhaps you could call Jayco Motorized CS and get approval for a mobile service tech to come to your location and at least help troubleshoot the problem. Then you would know for sure if it's a problem with the Truma or a problem with the coach water system. I'm betting it's a Truma problem and not a coach problem. You have been through a lot but every grey cloud has a silver lining. Best of luck to you.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #46

Thanksa

Thank you everyone. I did have a G3 put in and am very happy with it. Definitely an upgrade. It was my own fault to freeze the other one. I wasn't winterized and it got 10 below. Yes I know. I'm from Wyoming and I know better. Just was in process of moving to new house after 26 years in the other one. I lost my husband 2 years ago and I just wasn't focused. Anyway I want to thank you all. The truma was just too expensive. I plan to continue traveling for several years and I think the Girard will be just fine for me.
Gentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM   #47

I am very sorry to hear about your husband, Gentz. I didn’t realize until I read your last post that you are fairly new to the forum so I want to say welcome aboard. I’m glad you were able to get a new replacement WH and that it is working out for you. Enjoy the lifestyle and I’m sure you will meet a lot of great folks as you venture out on the road. Good luck to you.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentz View Post
I'm from Wyoming and I know better.

I walked outside yesterday, picking up the inevitable trash after the wind storm and suddenly had the flash:

"Awwwwwwwww doggone it! I forgot to winterize our sprinkler system!!!"

And that's after spending $200 last Spring to fix some broken pipe.