We had an unusually warm couple of days, so I decided to change the engine oil and generator oil. The engine wouldn't start. It turned over, but wouldn't fire. And I smelled a lot of gas.
I took off the doghouse around the motor, and I found that the wire to #8 injector and the electrical connector to the vapor canister purge solenoid were chewed off.
I bought a replacement connector and some heat shrink tubing and fixed the wiring. I also checked all the fuses.
Then I cranked the engine, but still no start. And a lot of gas smell.
I crawled under the back of the RV and found that in front of the rear axle a lot of things were wet with gas. The plastic gas line running from the top of the gas tank was chewed halfway through.
I bought a replacement section of gas line from Ford and will be fixing this problem in a couple of days. Hopefully there's nothing else.
Wish me luck....
2016 Greyhawk 29MV
2000 Jeep Sahara
Have you determined what rodent is responsible, squirrel, mice etc? I’ve had great luck sprinkling mothball FLAKES on the parking spot then pulling RV over it. Hopefully the repairs are straight forward. Good luck!
I think your got off easy. A couple of summers ago a squirrel ate some wires on my truck parked on the street in front of my house. Nearly $500 later, 3 new relays, and a sensor for my 4WD, all was good again.
Hope it goes well for you!
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE