Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #1

Dealer recommendation please

I posted this in the general discussion area but didn't get any responses so I'm cross posting it here.

Just looking a recommendation for a Jayco dealer in the TN/AL/KY region that can work on our Melbourne. I don't mind driving a bit to visit this dealer, and would like to go to one that comes recommended by folks who have had a positive experience there, particular with regard to service. The Jayco dealer in the Nashville area leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks!
classact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #2

Well, after having this post up for nearly a month, not a single reply. I can only assume then that no one can recommend a dealer in this entire three state region, OR this forum simply gets very little traffic. Disheartening any way you slice it.

In the meantime, our 07 Melbourne sits in the shop having the slide motor replaced (the second in as many years), the slide seal being replaced (seems odd that it would require this after just three years) and and grey water drain line being adjusted so it drains properly. Another item that somehow mysteriously slipped out of the factory without being addressed. This is in addition to outside water panel valves that were installed incorrectly at the factory, as well as the range hood fan motor that was installed backward causing air to be drawn into to the coach instead of outward.

To say I'm not a happy camper right now with my first Jayco product would be an understatement.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #3

Sorry I didn't see your earlier post, I was offline then as I was out of country Nothing is worse than having a "reliable" brand rv fail on you. I know we have a few members here from Kentucky, but they may not have had to use their dealer for major warranty issues at this point and don't feel comfortable recommending one. If it would help, I really like the service manager from my dealer in Calif (I joke that I have him on speed-dial) and he is also a member here. If it helps, I could contact him to see if he knows of someone in your region to help you. Let me know
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #4

I have not had to have major warranty work done, but all minor stuff has been handled with no complaints from me. They have gone above and beyond at times.
Burton Campers, Calera, AL.
Service Manager's name is Lyle.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #5

Yay..there *are* other Jayco owners lurking on this forum. Thanks Healthi for your reply, and Ed - I very much appreciate you sharing your experience w/ the dealer in Calera, AL. While not exactly in our neighborhood, the *are* located directly en route when we head from Nashvill to the Florida panhandle. I'll make a note of them.
-Mike
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #6

here in NJ the local Camping World is now a Jayco dealer.....

Joe
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
JaycoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #7

TeamRV in Albany, Georgia has been most helpful to us. Had some warranty work done many years ago but still buy parts etc and just bought a new unit from them. They are not on your beaten path but who knows????
TeamRV, here is their web address with info http://teamrvinc.com/newrvs.html

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

I didn't reply to the post because Arizona is a long ways from Tennessee.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote