Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

Did Jayco Stop Putting In Greyhawks......

Did Jayco stop putting in a electric powered adjustable Driver's seat? I saw a post from someone that just took delivery of their 2019 and it had a mechanical adjustable driver's seat...............that would be a disappointment.
Does anybody make aftermarket seats that are electrically adjustable that would fit in the Greyhawk?
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
Did Jayco stop putting in a electric powered adjustable Driver's seat? I saw a post from someone that just took delivery of their 2019 and it had a mechanical adjustable driver's seat...............that would be a disappointment.
Does anybody make aftermarket seats that are electrically adjustable that would fit in the Greyhawk?
Our 2018 has power adjustment
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #3

That must have been my post. A few things to address. I have seen a lot of ‘older’ 2019 Redhawks. It had the power seat. The ‘newer’ 2019 Redhawks have a ladder a low pressure LP port. And yes, for the 2019 Redhawk that I picked up freshly built from the factory, it did not have electronic adjustment in the seat. While I don’t know about the Greyhawks specifically, you will need to directly reach out to either Jayco or some one who just had a Greyhawk delivered. Hope this helps.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
That must have been my post. A few things to address. I have seen a lot of ‘older’ 2019 Redhawks. It had the power seat. The ‘newer’ 2019 Redhawks have a ladder a low pressure LP port. And yes, for the 2019 Redhawk that I picked up freshly built from the factory, it did not have electronic adjustment in the seat. While I don’t know about the Greyhawks specifically, you will need to directly reach out to either Jayco or some one who just had a Greyhawk delivered. Hope this helps.
Hi,
I sent a email to Jayco this morning about it and haven't heard back yet. As soon as I do I will post their response. I had started looking at Winnebago Minnie Winnies but all they offer is a standard type seat.
The better adjustable power seat in the Greyhawk is a real advantage to anybody with back and leg issues
Old 11-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #5

It's listed as standard for 2018, but not 2019.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If it becomes a option I would pay extra to get it.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Yep, you are totally right- I didn't think to look there.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #8

Also- it was on the 2019 Entegra Odyssey, but guess what? No longer there, either.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:28 AM   #9

Ouch.........they lost one of their advantages over the competition
Old 11-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #10

Here is the official word I got this morning:

We started out the 2019 model year with a power driver seat in all Greyhawks but made a running line change in September. We did away with the powered seat, because we are transitioning to a swivel seat. So most of the inventory on your dealer’s lot will still have the powered seat, but moving forward, any new chassis they receive will not have it.

Thanks again for your note. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions or needs.

John MacDonald
Corporate Brand Ambassador
Old 11-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #11

Yep, I knew I had seen it on the earlier 19’s that I had looked at.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #12

This is what I sent back to him. I hope others will do the same and I hope that Jayco listens to what their customers want.

Hi John,

This is really disappointing news. The power seat is huge for the older generation who buys Class C's.

I have Spinal Stenosis, Scoliosis, two ruptured and one herniated discs. The power seat gives the adjustability that is needed to stay comfortable while traveling. A electric seat is huge where the husband is taller, wife shorter to be able to adjust seat height. The pump up elevation adjustment seems cheap.
One of the main reasons I am (was) considering a Greyhawk was the deluxe seat. I previously considered the Winnebago Class C's but dismissed them as they have the style seat that you are going to. This news puts Winnebago back in the running.

I hope you would consider making the deluxe seat at least a option.

Thank you very much,

Rick
Old 11-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Yep, I knew I had seen it on the earlier 19’s that I had looked at.
Yeah, I have it in my 19 that I bought in July. First trip out it was just the dog and I in the RV. I had so much other things to think about, I forgot about the adjustable seat. Well, the dog is scared by all the noise and new environment so she just stood next to the seat with her head on my lap. After a few minutes on the highway my seat starts moving forward and I can't figure out what's going on for a few minutes when I figured out it was the dog moving my seat..
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
Yeah, I have it in my 19 that I bought in July. First trip out it was just the dog and I in the RV. I had so much other things to think about, I forgot about the adjustable seat. Well, the dog is scared by all the noise and new environment so she just stood next to the seat with her head on my lap. After a few minutes on the highway my seat starts moving forward and I can't figure out what's going on for a few minutes when I figured out it was the dog moving my seat..
That is too funny!!! Love it. I have a older rescue Golden Retriever male named Cooper. He is my best buddy! He does the same thing to me, usually head in my lap or on my leg..........when He's not sleeping (23-1/2 hrs a day)

If your buddy against your seat problem continues..........I'll trade you seats
Old 11-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
Bababooey or any other lucky electric seat owner would ever see a brand name on the seat Please let me know as I would try to buy one from Jayco's previous supplier.
This place might have similar seats but they are not cheap and then it would be a mismatch with the passenger seat.
If anybody knows of a electric seat provider please post a link.
Thanks all!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #16

This is the latest email I got from Jayco.........kind of has me scratching my head now
Surely they're not departing from the Ford E-450?
YIKES!!!

Richard, the seats come with the chassis from Ford. We’re actually switching chassis.
There are still several Greyhawks on dealers’ lots with the power driver’s seat. If you can tell me in which model you are most interested, I can tell you where to find it.

cid:image001.png@01D2E143.F5593B90

John MacDonald
Corporate Brand
Old 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #17

Hmm, I’ve spent a lot of time in 350’s/450’s and the Jayco seat look like a custom job.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Hmm, I’ve spent a lot of time in 350’s/450’s and the Jayco seat look like a custom job.
Not the power mechanism.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #19

It's the seat chassis they're changing, not the truck chassis......Thank Heaven!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #20

LEO...you can buy power seat mechanisms to bolt to any seat. Just unbolt the standard seat adjuster platform and install the new power one. Just need to run power if it;s not already available.
Attached Thumbnails
5CEF8F95-1E6C-4DE9-9209-06493A32705C.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote